Thread: 99c 284 clip Value?

weeble

99c 284 clip Value?

Hello all , I am hoping to get some info from all of the savage 99 experts here. Some time ago I bought a Savage 99c in 243, I noticed the Magazine was marked 284 win
    but didn't think much of it. I bought an extra mag marked 243/308 so I would have a spare. Recently, I ran into a fellow at a gun show selling a 99c in 284 that is missing the mag.
    I offered to sell him the one I have and my question is what is a fair price for it? I was told it is quite rare. It is good shape but has been hunted with. I am located in BC Canada if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance. This is a great site.

Dave

Basic Member
    Gun Parts Corp is out of stock, but priced at $42.95. There's one on E Bay for $150!! Looks like a sellers market!!

Yeah, but how long has that one been listed on Ebay for $150? I see guns listed and relisted week after week, month after month, sometimes for more than a year on GunBroker because the seller's price is way to high for what it is.

I'd say somewhere in the $50-75 range would be fair and reasonable. In situations like this it's more about helping someone get the thing they need that's difficult to find than it is about making a profit from it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    Yeah, but how long has that one been listed on Ebay for $150? I see guns listed and relisted week after week, month after month, sometimes for more than a year on GunBroker because the seller's price is way to high for what it is.

I'd say somewhere in the $50-75 range would be fair and reasonable. In situations like this it's more about helping someone get the thing they need that's difficult to find than it is about making a profit from it.
    I agree 100%!! This site needs a imogie. No way in hell I'd pay $150 for a magazine or I'd be shooting a .284 single shot!! And if somebody needs one I'd sell it for a reasonable price!

I got the sarcasm Al. Wasn't implying anything, just pointing out a frequent observation with items listed on the auction sites.

Basic Member
    No kidding!! Most of those auction sites are ridiculous!! Just a bunch of scalpers!! I've rat holed a bunch of parts and accessories over the years that are now hard or impossible to find. I'll give the stuff away to help out another gun nut!!

Basic Member
    The magazines shot from $50 to over a hundred in a short time, and the .284's even more. I'm building a 6.5-284 so I'd buy all that's for sale at $50!

Basic Member
    We'll have to redefine the term from "scalpers" to "clippers" !!

Basic Member
    When you need one and have some tucked away, price is soon forgotten, especially on the rarer items.

Basic Member
    Years ago I was told if you really really want something no price is to high, and when you really really need something any price is a good deal !!!