Thread: Accustock inletting vs regular bottom metal inletting?

Accustock inletting vs regular bottom metal inletting?

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this question. Is the Accustock bottom metal inletting different from the inletting that my stock has? I bought a 10 fcp short action HS Precision stock for a 6.5 SAUM build and am interested in the Accurate Mag bottom metal so I can use their WSM mags. I was hoping it would be a drop in fit but Accurate Mag's website claims it will only fit Accustock models.

Interesting. The top two parts in this diagram represent the inverse of the only two inlets I am aware of. The one in the middle will fit the top inlet. The one on the top would have to be modified to look like the middle one in order to fit. Also the trigger guard hole boss area(on the bottom metal) is thicker and may need to have a 1/4" screw washer placed underneath to bring it out so the mag does not drag on the magazine. If you look closer you can see the differences between the two.

Wait for others to chime in as it has been a while since I mixed and matched that kind of stuff. The point is a mildly talented craftsman/DIYer can probably make it work and it will look like it is factory. Then there is the high probability you will bolt it right in. I hope I did not confuse the subject. Good luck.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Yeah, I think the issue is they are using "accustock Model" to identify/describe "bottom bolt release model". So, if you have top bolt release, you will need to do some minor inletting to allow room for the top bolt release lever. The bottom metal isn't the real issue.

When Accustocks first came out, they were the only models to use the bottom bolt release. So, some folks started (and continue) to describe concerns relating to bottom bolt release "issues" as being Accustock issues.

Team Savage
    The SA or LA, CF, DBM bottom inlet is the same across the Savage 10/110 model lines for those stocks that accept a CF, DBM frame assembly (surround). Therefore a SA or LA Accustock and a walnut/hardwood/laminated factory or aftermarket Savage DBM, CF stock have the same DBM inlet. Note that in the picture above, the rear lip for the top bolt release DBM metal frame assembly is thicker than the lip for the bottom TG bolt release. This allows the old style trigger guard (thin front lip) to set flush with the bottom of the stock. The new style BBR TG (thicker front lip with BR button) requires the DBM metal frame assembly with the thinner rear lip. The plastic SA or LA DBM frame assembly with Axis-style clip will also work in a Savage SA or LA, DBM stock.

Thanks for the info guys. They say in the description that it's designed for top bolt release Accustock models and regular stocks can be inletted for it. I might just go with CDI because all the mags from Accurate are AICS style and interchangeable correct? No one here has ever used the Accurate Mag bottom metal? Here's the link for it.

http://store.accurate-mag.com/savage...mmetalkit.aspx