Thread: Savage model 11 stock options

PAdeerSLAYER

Savage model 11 stock options

I just purchased a savage model 11 compact in 243. This rifle will be my coyote and deer rifle as well as a target gun. I know I don't have a problem getting a Boyd's but I am looking into the fiberglass stocks. I know I can go with choate as well. If I would ever want to I thought of putting a longer and heavier contour barrel on it. Maybe get it rechbered. Anyway, I read somewhere that the savage models 10, 11, and 12 are all the same except for the little add ones each one comes with. I'm wondering if any savage experienced shooters can clarify this or if I can get a higher end stock like ha precision or McMillan if I wanted to.

Basic Member
    Have you looked in the FAQ section?
    I believe you will find the info you are looking for there.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PAdeerSLAYER View Post
    I just purchased a savage model 11 compact in 243. This rifle will be my coyote and deer rifle as well as a target gun. I know I don't have a problem getting a Boyd's but I am looking into the fiberglass stocks. I know I can go with choate as well. If I would ever want to I thought of putting a longer and heavier contour barrel on it. Maybe get it rechbered. Anyway, I read somewhere that the savage models 10, 11, and 12 are all the same except for the little add ones each one comes with. I'm wondering if any savage experienced shooters can clarify this or if I can get a higher end stock like ha precision or McMillan if I wanted to.
    I just went through the stock search. I settled on a GRS Berserk. They are a little weird looking because of the grip and non-traditional buttstock but I liked the feature set. It is on the way from Eurooptic.com (best price online by over $100).

I was very close to ordering Boyd's with adjustable comb. It only is made for factory sporter barrels and I read customer service horror stories at Boyd's which kept me from clicking buy. The choate stocks seemed heavy and lacked the adjustability and sling cups. The Macmillan and Manners are nice but with the same feature set, they run 2x the price. Of course McMillan and Manners can be had very light with the carbon fiber models. I was looking at $700 for a bare bones carbon fiber with manners "mini-chassis".

I will be sure to take pics and share my impression of the stock. I also assume you're in PA. If you are anywhere close to Harrisburg you could check mine out once I get the action mounted.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

PAdeerSLAYER
    Thanks for the info. I will check out the FAQ section.....I live 2 hr away from Harrisburg about 25 miles from stage college. But I have a sister in law that lives in dauphin

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PAdeerSLAYER View Post
    Thanks for the info. I will check out the FAQ section.....I live 2 hr away from Harrisburg about 25 miles from stage college. But I have a sister in law that lives in dauphin
    You aren't too far from Eurooptic then. You can probably also check out stocks from McMillan and Manners. Eurooptic is near Williamsport.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk