Thread: Ashley's Big Day!!!!

pinks

Ashley's Big Day!!!!

All started on Sept 19th with a 4am road trip, then pouring rain half way to our destination......real bummer!! It was still dark when we hit town, so a order of A&W breaky helped with the wait!! The rain held tight for the morning, with only one little Black Bear and a Mulie Doe, the doe wasn't interested in our intentions, and got out of dodge in a hurry!! After lunch the sun came out for roughly 3hrs, so we decided to try another area. Right of the start a Whitetail doe, she hung around for a bit but by the time Ashley got sit up, she bailed, waving good by with her white flag!! Roughly about a hour later, we drive by the same spot and Mom yells Deer, 2 of them, out we get, I get her sit up on the first one I see, but theres a pine tree covering the vitals, then I catch a movement, another right behind her, perfect broadside, a little adjustment and "BANG" the Doe jumps and runs 15yrds and piles up!! perfect lung shot!! Some particulars: Stevens 200 in .243win with reduced H4895 under Hornady 95grn SST(which Ashley loaded herself I might add!!) Deer was at 65yrds!!

Perry

Re: Ashley's Big Day!!!!

Great story and pictures.

I love to see other families out hunting together.

My girls have been hunting with me since they were about 9 months old.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Great action photo to go along with it too. That aughtta be in a frame and hangin up somewhere.

Nice job, and Congrats to you and Ashley.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member

Awsome- I am going to let me girls read this and hopefully get them interested in hunting with me. Tryed eveything else.

Bob

Bad Water Bill

The smile on her face says it all. Well done dad and daughter. Atta girl mom.

dcloco

AWESOME!!!!

Way to go girl.

That is a fine looking deer. Dad, that's worth more than anything for memories.
    Founding member of the 7MM STW Club, Member Cull Hunting Association, Best times that I had, were/are, fishing with my wife and daughter.

Basic Member

Congrats Ashley !!!!!!! Nice shooting.

Thanks for sharing the pic`s

pinks

Thanks for the comments guys!! It was an awesome day to say the least!! Got a 4 back pack hunt coming up this weekend, hoping to get her out agian when I return!!

PS: Forgot to mention, I'm a first timer on here, and I'm coming in from the "Great White North"

Perry

358Hammer

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for sharing the great story.
    What part of my great white north are you from.

Neal
    Kodiak,Alaska

pinks

I'm oreginally from Newfoundland, Canada.......but now call British Columbia my home!!

Perry