Thread: MDT LSS Chassis

Basic Member

MDT LSS Chassis

I've been reading up on this replacement stock/ chassis. Seems pretty good and looks nice. Now I'm interested to hear from real life experiences. Does anyone have one in their Savage LA setup? If you do, please share you're experience with it, particularly in terms of fit and finish and does it really improve accuracy as claimed by MDT?

Basic Member
    I am very happy with mine, I transferred mine from a Boyd's laminate thumbhole and accuracy didn't change. Either one was an upgrade from the factory Rubbermaid. I love the modularity of the system and the fact that I don't have to look around for bottom metal and potentially modify a brand new stock. Fit and finish were excellent and action dropped right in. They have some overstock right now for Black Friday that is 30-50% off. I would recommend if you are getting the LSS to go for the XL version. I wish mine had a little longer forearm on it.

Basic Member
    Thanks for the feedback. Nice looking rig too! I'm guessing the longer forearm on the XL version will give more stability when shooting from a bipod?

What's the weight difference from your old stock?

Basic Member
    Well it's much heavier than the factory plastic stock but not that noticeable between the Boyd's thumbhole. I'm sure the LSS-XL would add a little weight in addition to what I have. This is a model 11 in .308 with 20" medium contour barrel. The whole rig as you see it is about 10.5-11 lbs (bathroom scale isn't that accurate). I am looking into an aftermarket barrel in the 24" range now and it would be nice to push that bipod out farther especially with more barrel out in front of it. Thanks for the compliment. It's been a bit of a project, but I am happy with it now.

Basic Member

I had a local company cerekote the entire rifle. I love the chasis as a whole.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member
    Psharon, nice looking rifle. What barrel and contour is that?

Basic Member
    The barrel is a CBI barrel that I ordered from NSS. The contour is a varmint contour. I wanted a lighter weight build than the last 2 I've done.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member
    Thanks for the response, I ordered a Shilen barrel from NSS today, very nice guy to deal with. Happened to have what I wanted in a 26" varmint contour in stock. I wanted a 24" but didn't want to wait. Just got the UPS tracking number! That was fast.

Basic Member
    Jim at NSS is a great guy to do business with. If I need a prefit barrel drop shipped, he's the guy I go to. If I'm willing to wait on a custom barrel, then I go to SSS.

Basic Member
    So I was at Dick's Sporting goods earlier today and saw one of these in person. It was all black on a Savage 11 in 6.5 Creedmor. Here's the cool thing. It had "Savage" milled into the sides of the chassis. The model was called stealth. It looked awesome. Seeing and being able to handle it in person makes me want one even more. Going to save up for one for sure now.

Basic Member
    I have a Criterion in 6.5x55 from Jim at NSS. It shoots pretty awesome. And yes Jim is great to deal with.

Love mine.

I like mine, have had it about a year. Easy drop in install. Got a Criterion 7mm08 from Jim at Northland, had it cut down to 22" and spiral fluted by Kampfield Customs . Barrel went from 6 pounds to a little over 3 pounds. Holds a .180 to .375 MOA. Even though it is a long action chassis and action I still was able to use it for a small action round.

Last edited by mousemotors; 11-29-2016 at 11:34 AM.
    GLC

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mousemotors View Post
    I like mine, have had it about a year. Easy drop in install. Got a Criterion 7mm08 from Jim at Northland, had it cut down to 22" and spiral fluted by Kampfield Customs . Barrel went from 6 pounds to a little over 3 pounds. Holds a .180 to .375 MOA. Even though it is a long action chassis and action I still was able to use it for a small action round.

Wow, that is some considerable weight savings.

I also thought about doing a 7mm-08 on a long action with a longer throat. Nice shooting by the way.

anzini51
    Quote Originally Posted by mousemotors View Post

How much does that weigh?

Bare gun with no scope, no ammo, no bi-pod-7 pounds.
    GLC

Basic Member
    I've had mine for a few months now. 10FCP in an MDT LSS with their Skeleton stock. 9.5lbs with scope. Very comfortable. Mine was pretty accurate before the LSS chassis (.3MOA) and didnt add anything more for precision, but I can shoot all day without my shoulder falling off.