Like many who have gone before I've made myself practically nuts over the last few months trying to decide which $1000 scope I wanted to mount on my Model 10 .223. I looked at and through a LOT of scopes. Nightforce, Vortex, Burris, Leopold, Nikon. I was looking for a tactical scope with exposed turrets, lighted reticle, zero stop, as much clarity as possible (who doesn't want that?) AND because I frequently need to be able to dial down to the lowest power and shortest focal length it needed to be able to focus on very close objects. Last spring I was almost stepping on some rock chucks and also have the opportunity to shoot at a few over 500 yards away.

I finally got my hands on a Burris XTR II and found my scope. I bought the 4-20x50 with SCR-MOA reticle and love it. Only took four shots at the range to have it zeroed and then it was accurate at 840 yards and back to 100 for a test and put a round almost in the same hole as a previous shot.

It is a big scope and I like it. Now I can't wait to go out on the desert and snipe jack rabbits and coyotes this winter and chucks next spring.