Thread: replacement stock for a Savage 111 left hand

replacement stock for a Savage 111 left hand

Greetings all,

So, as some if not all of you know... "Boyd's hardwood gunstock company" SUCKS!!!!!! I've been waiting since Oct 12 for my gunstock to arrive, and it appears that they haven't even started on it... So my question for any of you guys is?

Who should I look at now to get a gunstock from? I have a Savage 111 trophy hunter bottom bolt release in a lefty bolt.

I know I may pay 2-3 times as much as a Boyd's, but I figure it would be 2-3 times as good as a Boyd's too.

Please dig me out of this whole I've put myself in,

SRS

I have a Stockade and a Boyds long action LH stock. I don't remember how long the Boyds took, but I know it was much shorter than the Stockade. I think the Stockade took just over 4 months, which at the time was what they quoted me.

I'm very happy with both of them.

Mcmillan may be a bit quicker, but they are in the $600+ range.

You could also look at the chassis style like XLR, Mcree....
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Basic Member
    If you're looking for a nice over winter project, go to Richards Micro Fit. Like Alice's restaurant, you can get anything you want, 'cept'n Alice of course, but it does take a while and will arrive looking like it was carved by an angry beaver. The action fit will be right on however.

You get to do all the wood work, finishing etc. though, but gain the experience, wisdom and pride in ownership in return.

Please let us know what you find!

Thanks for the info guys... I did look around a bit and only found 2 other options... (HS Precision & McMillan) the only one that was available for a lefty in a tactical/varmint setup was the HS precision and it ran $800+.

Boyd's did finally get my gunstock shipped yesterday (Yet, I won't trust that they did it right until I actually see it) So, that's where I'm at right now... Will let you know how they did on the Pro Varmint....