I recently purchased my first rifle, it's a Savage 10 TR LEO. I mounted an Atlas bi-pod, 20 MOA Spuhr mount, cheek riser, Cadex muzzle brake and decent glass. I want try PRS but I hate the ergonomics of the standard stock and have an injury that makes using a rifle without a pistol grip difficult. I am going to purchase the Cadex Competition chassis for the Savage. It will be a great start with my current action/barrel, but once I get more rounds downrange, I want to be able to upgrade the action and barrel.

Note: I can't afford to buy a better rifle at this point, but the Cadex chassis is in the budget.

As I new shooter, what I don't know will fill a book. I have been trying to figure out aftermarket action/barrel options for weeks by surfing this site and I am now looking for help. Before I purchase the Cadex chassis I want to make sure I can upgrade the action and barrel down the road and ensure it will fit in the Cadex (Accustock mounting points). The Savage is great, I have shot 1/2" MOA at 300 meters, but I may actually get to the point where I need something more accurate and I don't want to have to purchase a new chassis or full rifle.

I bought the Savage because its a great rifle for the price. There is tons of information on aftermarket actions/barrels for the 700, but I am at a loss on the Savage. This is where I need the help!

Can you use something like a Bighorn action and order it to fit the Accustock mounting points? If it will fit in the Savage Accustock, it will work in the Cadex. I can then get a precision barrel and I understand this will create a very accurate setup. I understand this is not the way to retain the value, but I did not get into shooting with the idea of resale value.