Thread: Need help with Savage 93 .22 mag Pre-Accu trigger

Sig226

Need help with Savage 93 .22 mag Pre-Accu trigger

So my dad and I got a Clarence Savage 93 in .22mag at Walmart 2 weeks ago for $40.00 each but I can't find any spc on it. Like besides it being a Pre-Accu trigger what's the difference in the other .22 mag's ?? Can someone tell me what Boyds stock will fit it and if I can get a lighter trigger for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member

Savage 93

Quote: So my dad and I got a Clarence Savage 93 in .22mag at Walmart 2 weeks ago for $40.00 each Unquote

I have never heard of a "Clarence Savage". Or did you mean clearance?

Contact Boyds on the stock - Info@boydsgunstocks.com

Someone will be along with information on the trigger....Have fun with the new toys.
    Last edited by Road Rat; 11-17-2016 at 10:29 AM. Reason: add information

Sig226
    Yea clearance not Clarence!! Dang auto correct!!

I'll have to email them and see what they say

Sig226
    This is the first new Savage I own. I do have a 1960's Stevens model 7 .22LR that was passed down to me. I'll take a picture of it when I get home. She is a beautiful .22 but it was shot so much it's like shooting a musket

Basic Member
    From Walmart, it is likely not a pre-Accutrigger, they just ordered it without to keep pricing down. They do stuff like that often. Get the Savr Rifle Basic trigger, or swap to a lighter spring and shim the sides of the trigger to remove side to side wobble. Upgrade to a wood stock if you want, but my 93 shot 1.5" at 100 yards in the plastic one. Buy a few different ammo to try and have fun. If it came with scope mounts installed, check for tightness. Sometimes a loose screw slips through QA. Put about 200 rounds through it before complaining about accuracy. Get to know it and the ammo it likes. Occasionally I was able to wring out 3/4MOA from mine with Federal 50gr fmj
    A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. ... Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.<br /><br />Thomas Jefferson

Sig226
    Quote Originally Posted by Hersh5317 View Post
    From Walmart, it is likely not a pre-Accutrigger, they just ordered it without to keep pricing down. They do stuff like that often. Get the Savr Rifle Basic trigger, or swap to a lighter spring and shim the sides of the trigger to remove side to side wobble. Upgrade to a wood stock if you want, but my 93 shot 1.5" at 100 yards in the plastic one. Buy a few different ammo to try and have fun. If it came with scope mounts installed, check for tightness. Sometimes a loose screw slips through QA. Put about 200 rounds through it before complaining about accuracy. Get to know it and the ammo it likes. Occasionally I was able to wring out 3/4MOA from mine with Federal 50gr fmj
    Thanks for all the info. Do you know if a drop in Accu trigger wold fit?
    I do want the Boyd's thumbhole stock. Having a angled grip is a lot more comfortable when shooting.
    It did not come with any scope mounts I think they're size 16??
    Is there any ammo I should stay away from?