Thread: Vortex strike eagle 1-6

greyghost

Vortex strike eagle 1-6

I have been looking at the strike eagle to use close up and also out to around 3-400 yds, Has anyone used this scope and can you tell me the pros and cons of it, Was also looking at another top name brand (L) but have heard issues with scope reticle hanging up also warranty issues, some covered other the customer had to pay to have it fixed, So mainly looking for advice by those who have actually bought and used the Vortex, Thanks
    This is my truck, four wheeler AR not looking for precision work, Have bolt guns for that

Basic Member
    Its great for quick shooting, not so great for punching holes in small groups. I liked mine a LOT, but sold my AR and then just sold my eagle.

Basic Member
    greyghost, I have a Strike Eagle on an AR. They aren't a bad scope for what they are. I like the true 1x, & also have the 6x on the higher end also. They are a bit on the large size tho. Fairly clear. The reticle is ok also, not horribly cluttered. Overall, I'm happy with mine. Just waiting to see how it works shooting at the local coyote population...... Idaho-45

Basic Member
    I have mine on a VZ58. Not bad at 1X; with only slight fish eye effect - pretty decent price considering. I like the horse shoe reticle for fast target acquisition. With my crap eyes 6X power is decent to about 400 yards. Clear/bright optics given it is only 24mm. Illumination is good on the reticle too if you need to use it.

Basic Member
    They are a very good optic in that price range. The reticle has the same BDC lines as the Razor II and with 55grn bullets it is right on and with 75grns is is about 25 yards less than the designated line. For what you want the Strike Eagle will do the job.

Also seeing as it will be beat around a lot it's good to have the Vortex VIP warranty in case you run it over with the truck by accident or dump it off the 4 wheeler. They will fix or replace it.