Thread: Look for some great deals on "assault rifles" soon....

Basic Member

Look for some great deals on "assault rifles" soon....

First the good news, it looks like our 2nd Amendment rights will be somewhat secure for at least the next 4 years. The bad news if you were banking on making a killing selling evil type guns after the election had it gone differently, that ship has sailed. But back to some good news - If you controlled your panic and didn't buy up a bunch of the-sky-is-falling-priced guns your dollar will now, or soon go quite a bit further in purchasing evil black ( evil pink, evil purple, evil FDE or whatever color) guns.

I know that at least one of the bigger AR-15 name brand vendors had ramped up their inventory to be ready for what may have been the biggest panic buy of guns in history. At least partly due to that overstocked status, I am guessing we will be seeing some seriously good deals on the evil black guns from some companies in the not too different future. On a local level in the gun classifieds I am noticing that some guys are holding on to their pre-panic pricing, but others who have seen the proverbial writing on the wall are dumping their excess items at some pretty low prices. Sellers on GB and other sites of that ilk will eventually follow when the credit card bills come due. One example I saw was Colt 6920 AR-15 rifles that were priced at $1500 to $1800 on Monday are at $800 - $1000 today and they are not flying off the shelves at those prices.

I am glad that I held on to my cash though I was tempted to buy a SCAR 17s just in case - at the panic price level (Fortunately for my gun collection slush fund, the ONLY "evil" gun I have any desire to buy at this time other than that new semi auto 308 coming from Desert Tech.) but then the prices started going up $200 a day on GB so I just quit looking. Some of them are still listed at almost $4000 OVER retail price which can't last if they want to sell them. I noticed quite a few that sold recently for $4500 to $6000 each! I am betting they will be back down below $3000 in a few weeks.

Basic Member
    If president elect Trump can post 3 or more justices to the supreme court, then the 2nd amendment may be strengthened and protected in a far longer duration than just the next 4 or 8 years. I really didn't want to buy any more guns right now. I've got student loans to pay back and am half way done with that endeavor. That said, I may still purchase a Tavor in the near future.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by psharon97 View Post
    That said, I may still purchase a Tavor in the near future.
    Replace the trigger and it is one sweet shooting/carrying rifle.
    Rick_W
    CPO-USN(Ret)
    You don't know what you don't know.

I did pick up an extra stripped lower just to tuck away, but I didn't get into the panic buy.... Knew she'd go for hi-cap mags, but I already have plenty of those. Plenty of reloading supplies already built up as well...

As far as my personal collection I am good to go so no panic buying here.
    Not trying to be nit picky but I much prefer the term Modern Sporting Rifle to the anti gunners "assault rifle" moniker designed around negative connotations.
    Those that "bet the farm" up in an attempt to flip Modern Sporting Rifles rather than for personal consumption will soon realize that trying to be a flipper is a risky proposition.
    I'm looking forward to some smoking deals for the grand kids, and hopefully continuing falling prices on ammo and components :)
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Well I've bought a fewer lowers and will be buying some more shortly. Won't be able to get them and build them into a semi-auto gun unless you go full featureless. This way if I decide to register them as "assault weapons" in Commiefornia I can keep them as is and loose the bullet button in fact. Hoping the lawsuits make headway for that goes into effect though

Mountain Man
    The bottom has completely fallen out of that market. I've seen complete Mil-Spec ARs for less than $450 for sale online this week. The last 8 years of heightened fear have saturated the market with anything with a detachable 30rd magazine and you can't really change that after the fact. (Barring a full-scale confiscation of course.)

Basic Member
    Ya, I know a few people that purchased as many ar's as they could afford, just so they could resale if hillary won. That's what they get.lol

Mountain Man
    Don't get me wrong, I may or may not have stacked a dozen or two lowers myself but complete rifles? No way.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I hope we see some decent prices on parts in the near future.