Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone tried ragged hole barrels?

You don't offer 1-8 twist in 224 diameter? Didn't see an easy way to specify twist or find out what you offer. I'm thinking a #4 contour chambered in 22-250 1-8 twist 24 inches long.

It's pretty sad that so many of you read this thread, saw that this guy was clearly in violation of our forum rules regarding non-advertiser solicitation, and not a single one of you could be bothered to use the Report Post button (that little black triangle with the ! in it under each post) to alert us to it. We can't read every single post that posted every single day - we just don't have the time, so we rely on you, our members, to report such violations to us when you see them. As a result this guy was able to freely market his barrels here for more than a month, likely pulling business away from those companies that DO abide by our rules and support this site through their advertising with us - companies like Gun Shack, Apache Barrels and NSS.

Special thanks to the member who finally did report this activity to us today so we could put a stop to it.

Basic Member
    There are still posts that need to be "cleaned up" or deleted. They quote the offender, so some of his posts are still readable.

Got'm - thx

Advertiser
    We are now paid advertisers with the site - we didn't know we were in violation of the forum rules and have corrected the problem... Please see our vendor board for more information.

A quick thanks to the many shooters that have helped us grow!!

Advertiser
    Quote Originally Posted by darkker View Post
    Yeah..... The revolving account they speak of, sounds more like when they have the money they buy from.
    A 6.5mm blank with a 9-twist for $300?!!!
    Yeah, for $25 more I'll just buy a finished BlackHole barrel with an appropriate twist rate.
    Actually the "revolving" account is for 100+ barrels every month from Wilosn as well as X-Caliber... If you plan on being in business for prefit barrels you NEED to have barrels on the shelf to do the work. If you order barrels one and two at a time the lead times will be greatly extended... Just ask any riflesmith what happens to the lead time when you don't have inventory.

Advertiser
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel_slayer View Post
    the right hole looks oblonged I'd say there's 3 in there. I had the same thing happen last weekend. I was like where did the other bullet go? did a second group and same thing. put two in the same hole then pulled one. lol

To barrelbrothers I poked around on your website and did not find a reamer list. that would be valueable knowledge.
    The reamer list is now on our website - we still need to add about 40+ reamers to the list... I seem to buy 3-5 new reamers every month.

Advertiser
    Quote Originally Posted by s3silver View Post
    No problem. Thank you for clarifying. I didn't see what chambers you offer on the website either. I'm assuming your chambered barrels are complete drop in ready to shoot? What is your current turn-around time for orders?
    The prefit Savage and Remage barrels are ready to drop in - you choice chambering and finish length... Up to 26" on the Wilosn #4 and up to 27" on the X-Caliber prefit. Our lead times vary depending on what's in stock but typically the turn time is currently 3-8 weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12