Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first Savage rifle build.HELP!

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RC20 View Post
    We are happy to help, the caveat is the person we are helping has to come across as something you have not.
    Speaking for myself, Not one of he "We". Would love to hear how it you choose to approach this build.

Took some rough measurements on one of my 300winmag mod 111 actions.

Ejection port = 3.75"ish
    Factory magazine = 3.495" max coal, max 3 crtgs.
    Bottom action opening = 3.75"ish

If you get a AICS compatible bottom metal and aics 300winmag mags, The max coal should increase a little. But can't say how much since i don't have one.

Smitty78
    I just wanted to clarify a little bit about the cartridge I plan on using. 30/375 ruger is just about the same capacity as a 300 weatherby. Depending on the brass I guess. It is virtually identical to the brand new.30 Nosler but brass is 300% cheaper. I decided to go with this cartridge because I got 200 pieces of brand new 375 ruger brass for 50$ he bought the gun and then found out about recoil I guess. I already have a.338. I have zero use for a .375. 7mm would be to overbore. So 30 caliber it is. Hornady even produced dies for it for a while. Called it the HSM. 4 D has the reamer for it. I want the mag length because 230 grain berger bullets are long. The farther out I can seat them the better. Its not all about how much powder will fit. I can buy an ultra mag or 30/378 wby and hold all the powder I can afford. I want the mag length for powder and to be able to very seating depth. Nothing unusual about it. Military just got a contract for a new sniper round called the 300 Norma magnum. Maybe couple of you guys have heard of it. For the rest of you google it. Pretty similar to what I want. Ruger will have a little less case capacity. And I won't need the monster magnum bolt. By the way thanks for directing me to the faq who ever did it. Answered a lot of my questions. Anyway thanks to all. I will try to keep my death trap guns and practices out of the counies you guys are shooting in. Hey you will all probably read about me blowing my face off before long according to the responses I have got. Bye Bye. KMA.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by olddav View Post
    Speaking for myself, Not one of he "We". Would love to hear how it you choose to approach this build.
    My apologies and was wrong to do so

Thumper76
    I love how people jump to conclusions about a guy, that no one really knows anything about, and run him out. I thought we were all supposed to stick together and educate one another, not crap all over someone's idea without knowing all the details..

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper76 View Post
    I love how people jump to conclusions about a guy, that no one really knows anything about, and run him out. I thought we were all supposed to stick together and educate one another, not crap all over someone's idea without knowing all the details..
    Yep. And add nothing to the conversation but cynicism.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Deplorable conduct :-((

Banned
    Hmmm, yes we are here to help people.

To me that comes with a caveat. My family has always been willing to help others, but they have to make an effort as well.

Are they sincere?, have they made any effort, ? how do they come across. ?

I continue to have problems with someone who has invested all that he says he did in his rifles and looking for a cheap solution.

Not being able to trust gun smiths when going with a wildcat that is not readily available and the work does require some knowledge of gun assembly, head space and what needed for reliability.

Of course all are free to disagree, this one frankly leaves me unsettled and will refrain. If that makes me deplorable, so be it.

Basic Member
    Wow, I just joined this forum and this was the first thread I read after doing a search on a build of my own. Some of you are a piece of work, Smitty78's build was well within reason and before any of you did your own research into what he wanted to do or maybe give him the advice he was looking for, you just had to insult him and try to pick a fight. That's why I like to do most of my discussions with people face to face and not hiding behind my keyboard.
    I usually do not respond to threads like these but some of the comments really got under my skin, by the way Gunsmithing is not Rocket Science.
    Oh yeah I almost forgot, Hello to everyone from a new member from the 14th State admitted to the Union.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12