I have been kicking around the idea of buying a different stock. I have a model 12 FCV (detachable mag) that I would like to put a lefty thumbhole or pistol grip stock on. The problem is finding a stock that works with the DBM and having the bolt release on the bottom. I was looking into the Choate ultimate sniper and varmint stocks but found that neither a compatible with the bottom bolt release. The only company so far that looks promising is Richards microfit. I don't have any experience in finishing/bedding a stock and from what I've seen they come delivered pretty rough. I'm not totally against finishing and bedding myself being I'm a hands on kind of guy, especially for the price. But it would be nice to just drop in and go with minimal work.

Another thing that concerns me is that this rifle shoots great, around .5 MOA if I do my part, with the factory stock. I doubt I will see much improvement going to a different stock but I like the looks of a thumbhole/pistol grip. I don't want to buy an aftermarket stock and have it end up only shooting 1 MOA when I can have better with the factory stock. Is this something I should be concerned about?