Thread: New bullets from Hornady!

Basic Member

New bullets from Hornady!

Hornady just released their new bullets, ammo and other items for 2017. Lots of good stuff to include new ELD-M bullets in 6.5mm like the 130 and 147 with a .697 BC! As well as a 180grn 7mm bullet and a 108grn 6mm. Take a look and see all the new stuff coming from Hornady over the coming year!

http://www.hornady.com/store/ELD-Match-New

Sound interesting. I guess the ELD is there version of Bergers VLD. That's a pretty high G1#. Gonna have to try some
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

I'm shooting ELD-M 140's in my 260 and they rock for a much better prize than Hybrids.
    Looking forward to the 130 and 147 versions.

schnyd112
    .697 is pretty impressive. I know they were pretty close with the bc of the first run, they use the lab radar to verify if I understand correctly.

Wonder how long the 130's are. I would like to give some 130's a go in my .260 and have heard lots of good about their eld line.

Basic Member
    They don't use a Lab Radar but an actual Doppler set up that costs quite a bit more LOL Not sure on the 130 length but if you have an 8 or 8.5 twist barrel you will have no issues shooting them.

Also it has been asked on other forums if the 147 will stabilize in an 8 twist barrel as a lot of Creedmoors and other 6.5s are 8 twist. The answer is yes they will as they are the same length as the 143 ELD-X but with a thinner jacket. Also the release dates for all the bullets is the 1st quarter of 2017 but as like last year with the first ELD releases some of these will be out earlier.

If you are looking at those bullets, ignore the G1 BC, it isn't really appropriate. Super-sonic bullets of this general shape are very well described by the G7. The bullet weight doesn't matter, as stated by Rob01, wait for the length. They will be stable for sure, as they won't be any longer than the Matrix line. You wouldn't be achieving the maximum BC with an 8-twist fired from a Creed, but by no means a disaster.

If you are looking for a super-swinging-sexy BC, Nosler has released what appear to by Hybrids of their own. Thus far I've only looked at the 30-cal stuff from a notification I got from SPS.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Basic Member
    The length of the 147 ELD-M is the same as the 143 ELD-X so there should be no issues with stabilizing in the 8 twist. Hornady is saying that for maximum BC a 7 twist would be best with the 147 though. But as mentioned it's not a total disaster losing a few BC points as it does have a very high BC to start.

Basic Member