Thread: Questions about a 111 from a Newby to Savages

papabearxx

Questions about a 111 from a Newby to Savages

Recently I picked up a 111 for $200 from a neighbor. He needed the cash and I am always into something different. This 111 is different from any that I have seen before. It is a pre accutrigger with a detachable mag and the mag release is on the right side of the stock just below the action. I have never seen one like this. I plan on doing my first Savage build and was wondering can this model be converted to a blind magazine? Is this model worth working on? Is it going to be difficult to find parts for as far as follower, spring, magazine etc. Thanks in advance for any info.

Basic Member
    That was the norm for DBM rifles made before 2005. You won't need any parts to change to a blind magazine, they're already there. You just remove the magazine bottom cap and insert it in the magazine frame, using the same spring and follower. You may have to open up the mag well in the stock some for clearance. I've seen many a factory gun built the same way when they ran low on dedicated mag boxes.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

papabearxx
    Thank you for the response. This is what I was hoping to hear. I read a lot about this topic over the last couple of days, but no one as answered this question this clearly. Thank you again and have a great weekend!

Hello,

I'm new to the forum here and have a question related to the 111 Trophy hunter XP and a Boyd's Pro Varmint... I recently ordered the pro varmint for my 111 XP.. on the website they are showing my order as the 110 Pro varmint...

Are the 110 and 111 the same configuration? meaning my 111 will fit the 110 model of the Pro Varmint?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
    SRS