Thread: Magazine compatibility for the Savage 10BA Stealth in 6.5 Creedmoor

baseball2013

Magazine compatibility for the Savage 10BA Stealth in 6.5 Creedmoor

Hello,

I am new to the site but not Savage rifles. A couple of days ago I purchased a Savage 10BA Stealth in 6.5 Creedmoor which is my fourth Savage. The gun only comes with one magazine but I would like to have some spares. Who makes a reliable magazine for this rifle?

Basic Member
    Magpul pmag aics seems to be a popular choice and is what I use.

I have been told the Ruger Gunsite M77 mags are compatible also, but I can't personally confirm this yet, although I do have 1 ordered to try.

The Savage stealth has a MDT chassis. Magpul aics mags do not fit in my MDT HS3 chassis. Accurate Mag aics mags and AICS mags fit good. Unless someone else can verify that the Magpul aics mags work in the Stealth, I would get the Accurate Mage aics short action mags.

baseball2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero333 View Post
    The Savage stealth has a MDT chassis. Magpul aics mags do not fit in my MDT HS3 chassis. Accurate Mag aics mags and AICS mags fit good. Unless someone else can verify that the Magpul aics mags work in the Stealth, I would get the Accurate Mage aics short action mags.
    The gunbroker purchase I made last night was a bit premature if this is the case. I will do some searching for the Accurate mags.

Basic Member
    Any AICS style magazine should fit. This includes the MDT magazines that come with your Stealth. the Magpul magazines have some interference on the feedlips. This can be modified, but I think Magpul may have made some modifications to their latest revision to allow for this, therefore some people report it works, and others that it does not.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MDTcorp View Post
    Any AICS style magazine should fit. This includes the MDT magazines that come with your Stealth. the Magpul magazines have some interference on the feedlips. This can be modified, but I think Magpul may have made some modifications to their latest revision to allow for this, therefore some people report it works, and others that it does not.
    The Savage 10BA Stealth is shipped with an MDT magazine. Savage, in their advertising states that the magazine holds 10 rounds. On the MDT website, you state that the .308 magazine holds 8 rounds. So, is it an 8 round magazine or 10 ????

lwood
    Mine holds 10. Tight fit, but no feed issues

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_A View Post
    The Savage 10BA Stealth is shipped with an MDT magazine. Savage, in their advertising states that the magazine holds 10 rounds. On the MDT website, you state that the .308 magazine holds 8 rounds. So, is it an 8 round magazine or 10 ????
    We designed it originally for 10 rounds. But it is tight, and in some cases too tight. So rather than being misleading, we changed the name to an 8 round magazine. Unfortunately that has not worked itself all the way through the system, and especially with larger companies it is hard to do a name change on a product.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MDTcorp View Post
    We designed it originally for 10 rounds. But it is tight, and in some cases too tight. So rather than being misleading, we changed the name to an 8 round magazine. Unfortunately that has not worked itself all the way through the system, and especially with larger companies it is hard to do a name change on a product.
    Thanks for the factual information. Any chance that MDT will make a slightly longer (Version - 2) that will hold 10 rounds for all variations of .308 ???

Thanks again,

Keith

Basic Member
    Beware of the Ruger Gunsite polymer magazines. The feed lips are way long, and it is possible that it won't lock in place correctly to work with your action. At least the3 that I bought didn't work in mine. The MagPul AICS magazines work great! I would have went with the MDT magazine, but there wasn't enough space for the AMax's in there.

DK
    [B]Savage - Arken Optics - MDT - Seekins - MOΛΩN ΛΑΒΕ[/B]