Thread: Boyds Finally Comes thru!

Grandoug

Cool Boyds Finally Comes thru!

Some of you may have read my trials and tribulations with getting a stock for my B Mag .17 ordered from Boyds.
    I sort of used a back door I found on this site naming the Boyds customer service dept head. I wrote to him via e-mail, expressing my disappointment with Boyds customer service.
    The readers digest version is I ordered a stock June 14. I got caught in their plant rebuild, then they closed for a week for vaca. I got a stock that I took to my gunsmith, and the next morning he called to tell me it was defective! It was sent back to Boyds, and they took two weeks for the engineers to decide it was defective, and yet another order was placed on the production line. I'tll take "a couple weeks"
    This brings us up to October 14th. Apparently my e-mail to Mr. Smarrelli got my order moved up...
    The stock had been shipped but was hung up in UPS weather delays, then it got misplaced in Illinois. It was found in Florida, and was delivered late Saturday Oct. 15. I got it to the gunsmith on Tuesday (closed on Monday) and he mounted the action yesterday (Oct 19), scoped it ( I chose the BSA Super Mag scope, as it was created especially for this cartridge, with reticules for both cartridges currently available, and bore sighted.
    I went to the range this morning, and at 50yds, the first three were with 1 MOA, about 3 inches low. 4 clicks brought it up to 1 inch low, 4 more clicks ...dead center!

I swapped to another target and shot a ten shot group in the bull, about 1" by 1" no lie. Back to the gunsmith with the shot targets to say thanks. I'm looking forward to putting more rounds thru the barrel, in hopes it get even tighter. I'll follow up. Wish there were some ground hogs to pick on but they are rare in Florida. We do have a high population of pigs!

mcc1961
    Glad you got your stock.I am going to get a blue thumbhole stock for my 93R.

Shame you cant post his direct number. Glad it finally worked out.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!