Thread: MOA Range Of Super Sniper Scopes?

MOA Range Of Super Sniper Scopes?

Does anyone know what the actual adjustment range either side of center is for the Super Sniper Models? This would be for both elevation as well as windage. I just purchased a Bushmaster BA-50 Rifle in .50 BMG, and would like a S.S. model that has the most adjustment range. Thanks in advance, Bill T.
    We are lending money we don't have, to kids who can't pay it back, to train them for jobs that no longer exist.

Re: MOA Range Of Super Sniper Scopes?

Billt here is the best way to find out. Go to www.opticstalk.com it is a web site sponsored by SWFA the makers of the ss scopes, on this site you can find out anything you want to know about them and just about any other scope out there.
    I presently have a 20x42 on my 10fp and am waiting for 2 more in the same power, one for my 10fp 223 and one for the 7mm 110fp I just ordered. All will be mounted with Burris etreme tactical bases and 30mm rings.
    All I can say about the one I have is WOW you can see a fly land on the target at 200 yards glass is clear and clicks are firm and right on the money. They are made in Japan for SWFA using NATO specs.
    If you decide on one go to the source because there are fakes out there (ebay).
    There are 5 models right now and all priced right, fixed powers $320,an hd for $800, and a variable 3-9x42 at $600.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

Seeing as this is going on a .50 BMG rifle, I want to go with either a 10X, or 20X fixed power. By eliminating the extra parts on the variable model, it stands to reason there will be less to fail. Are all Super Snipers 30 MM tubes? I plan to go with a multiple ring set up, (4), because of the increased rigidity it will provide. This is very important on a .50 BMG rifle. The Bushmaster BA-50 will easily allow this because of the full, integral rail it provides the complete length of the receiver itself. You can see from this high speed, slo-mo video just how much the scope and base flex when this .50 BMG is fired. It's amazing! Bill T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5pVy...e=channel_page
    We are lending money we don't have, to kids who can't pay it back, to train them for jobs that no longer exist.

johndoe3

From a Sniper Paradise Review of a 10x42 Super Sniper scope.
    http://www.snipersparadise.com/newproducts/swfass2.htm

152 MOA total travel in elevation
    147.25 MOA total travel in windage

I've had a 20x42 Super Sniper as one of my scopes for 10 years and it has clear glass and is dependable. The parallax adjustment is good as are the feel of the clicks. My only tiny problem is that a couple of years ago there was a lttle flake of something inside that is on the inside of the glass. It doesn't detract from ability to use it, but is annoying visually.

dcloco

The only itch I have about the SS scope.....wide reticles.

Billt, yes all the scopes are 30mm and all are 50bmg rated.I saw your post over there and did a search myself but did not find the info but I am sure someone will answer, or you could call and ask for Brady he will answer your questions, they are very helpful and know their stuff when talking scopes.
    FROGGY

Just to be clear and eliminate any confusion. 152 MOA total travel in elevation would calculate to 76 MOA either side of center as the scope is shipped, correct? Bill T.

You are correct.
    Now as for the ss I pmed one of the employees at SWFA and they want to know which model you are asking about so they can give me-you an answer.
    FROGGY

Quote Originally Posted by rjtfroggy

You are correct.
    Now as for the ss I pmed one of the employees at SWFA and they want to know which model you are asking about so they can give me-you an answer.
    I would like to go with the 20X. Seems like the better choice for long range with the .50 BMG. Bill T.

OK Billt here they are right from the source.
    10x both models-MOA 145, total clicks 580
    16x- MOA 116 total clicks 464
    20x MOA 126.5 total clicks 505

They did not give me the 3-9 specs but that was my fault I didn't ask for them, sorry.
    I would think anyone of them would work for what you want to do, but on some other forums they all talk about the 20x42 on 50bmg's.
    According to the OT group they are constantly testing down there and have yet to brake one on the 50. So I would think you are good to go.
    FROGGY
    FROGGY

Dadams

I love mine. tons of travel