Thread: Customer Service

Customer Service

Customer Service

Basic Member
    Sir,

Sounds like you've had an unfortunate experience. Without making this a bashing thread is it possible to explain who you may be dealing with. It is quite possible that there may be a situation or personal experience that the specific barrel maker you're dealing with may have going on that is currently slowing them down or their work is so highly sought after that your order is just in line like most other customers. I hope that we can assist you in getting it solved or at least making a recommendation to help you find a solution. Again, please try not to make it a company bashing thread and hopefully we can get it sorted out.

Take care - LW

, after celebrating the birth of my beloved MARINE CORPS.

Basic Member
    You can PM me if you would like. I know a lot of the vendors here or at least have had some experience with most of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter0302 View Post
    LW,
    Thank you, I would name the "Smith" BUT I'm sure the "powers that be" would take it as bashing one of their "favorite son's" .
    I will continue sending weekly e mails till 10 Nov. , after celebrating the birth of my beloved MARINE CORPS. I will post the person's name , if the situation has not been resolved
    Thank you
    V/r
    WMS
    I know it's hard, but patience, Shooter.... If the smaller 'smiths answered every single phone call & email of "Dude, where's my barrel?", they'd never get any made. If it's who I think, he's pretty much gone off the grid just to get caught up.
    I've got a barrel on order with Shilen that's been in for almost 3 months, and I just got an email saying "Thank you for your money, we've billed your card, and it's off to the chambering department... you may expect an additional 8-12 weeks" !!! Everybody's backed up...

You've herd

Some barrel makers take several months to ship you a barrel (that's not in stock) unless you find one in stock somewhere else.

A couple of years back, I ordered a Select match Shilen 300winmag bbl Through a Canadian distributor, and it took a lil over 5 months before I got it. I was happy. Next barrel I ordered from the Re-seller was one he had in stock. Then right away I got him to order a regular Stainless 243win 8twist 26"bull from Shilen and it took 3+ months to get it to me.

Patience is a Virtue. And I never bothered the Canadian distributor because a quick search on the net showed Shilen took 5 to 6 months to fill and ship a order.

Just call to or search the barrel's manufacturer lead times and it might explain some of the story.

However I do agree that the smith should give some sort of update every once in a while.

Basic Member
    It's a frustrating thing. It never gets better. The good news is that we don't really "need" any of it. :-)

Basic Member
    They also have to deal with the fact that their suppliers are often backed up. The whole industry is that way. It seems like we should or could expect better communication, etc. But as someone wlse said, it is impossible for small guy to do that and offer a high quality product at low cost. Good customer service is not cheap. You pay for it. In this case, we often do not pay for it and get it anyhow. Sometimes we dont get what we dont pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by gbflyer View Post
    The good news is that we don't really "need" any of it. :-)
    I don't know about that. I just picked up my suppressor on Monday... Man, I need that barrel!!

Basic Member
    I ordered a barrel in Dec. Contacted smith in April and was told the blank had came in and it would be 3 weeks. Still haven't got it yet. I can understand "busy" but don't BS people. And going off the grid doesn't help anything. Pretty sure we are talking about the same smith