Thread: want to put a new stock on my 110FCP

want to put a new stock on my 110FCP

Guys just a quick question, are the Boyd's stocks (looking at a thumb hole ) any good, my rifle is a 338 lapua.

Basic Member
    I have several Boyd's and like them very much. They offer great bang-for-the buck. I also have one McMillan which cost me nearly 6 times as much as a Boyd's but it certainly isn't 6 times as good and required a lot more work to finish than my Boyd's. If I could snap my fingers and change my McMillan to a Boyd's, I would certainly do that. Plus my last Boyd's arrived 8 days after I placed my order. My McMillan took 5 months.

Get a Boyd's, bed your action using Devcon 10110 and don't look back.

Basic Member
    I am going to go out on a limb here. Type Boyd's stock in the search feature or google Boyd's stocks, and i am guessing you will have enough to read all night.

Basic Member
    I have Boyds stocks on my last 10 or 12 rifles, not one bad one in the bunch, at least 8 ar feather weight thumbhole stocks and all are great
    the only complaint I have is the last A17 Stock I ordered for a new A22 ( fit perfect ) was it took 6 weeks to get with them redoing the plant, but I also got free Shipping and $25 off also

Basic Member
    That's a whole lot of rifle to be putting in a light boyds stock. I had a 300wm In a boyds thumbhole that would stomp you, granted it was a pencil barrel but it had a brake

Basic Member
    I actually got a chance to shoot a 338 last week that was in a Boyds (I believe) laminate stock. It was a heavy stock, very similar to a model 12 BVSS, but definitely not what I see on Savages website. It (the gun) was also only about 2 months old.

The gun I shot was equipped with a good aftermarket brake and recoil pad, and it was not too bad on my shoulder. I was pleasantly surprised!

If you're looking for a good winters project, here's a link to check out. http://www.rifle-stocks.com/target_style's.htm

nobody
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    I actually got a chance to shoot a 338 last week that was in a Boyds (I believe) laminate stock. It was a heavy stock, very similar to a model 12 BVSS, but definitely not what I see on Savages website. It (the gun) was also only about 2 months old.

The gun I shot was equipped with a good aftermarket brake and recoil pad, and it was not too bad on my shoulder. I was pleasantly surprised!

If you're looking for a good winters project, here's a link to check out. http://www.rifle-stocks.com/target_style's.htm

i will never again order a richards micro stock. the last one i had looked like a pissed off beaver chewed it out. i had to use the belt sander to get the beaver teeth marks out of it, then i started trimming out the palma swell i wanted. after weeks of sanding i set it on a shelf. the inletting was way off as well. they say 90% inletting. horse crap. i have seen others who got stocks that looked good and needed minor sanding out of the box. mine was aweful.

i will stick with boyds from now on out. they just need pillars and glass bedding to be ready for the range. i wish they made bench rest stocks on their website. i looked at their list of people they make stocks for. boyds makes benchrest stocks, but they don't have them on their site. they make them for other retailors, who don't tell people they are boyds stocks. take a look on their site at who sales their stocks. it is a long list.

My .338 110 fcp came with the factory hs precision stock I assumed Boyd's would be a down grade. I wish B&C made the same model long actions they do for short action. I much prefer the B&C stocks to the hs precision I have

I just found out that California does not allow thumb hole stocke because they consider it a pistol grip. Please correct me if you know more.

WeldNFool
    Google search it, Kommifornia and I would guess a thumbhole would look to scary and be outlawed if you are a legal gun owner.

Banned
    I have two thumb Holes. One is a Boyds (a bit older on a lightweight hunter) and the other EABC.

The Boyds is first class with a good fit and no need to bed.

EABS was a pillar supported that gave me fist before I figured you had to support it (I have a temporary bridge up front and its shooting fine, needs to be bedded)

I need another stock and it will be a Boyds if they offer a heavy thumb hole.

If not the EACBO will work, just need to be aware of the rear tang that needs to be relieved, the ledge behind the trigger has to be check as mine interfered with the trigger and you will want to bed it or create at least a front bridge support (light laminate wrapped under receiver forward of the front action screw)