Thread: Mark II FV SR

Mark II FV SR

Finally went and sighted in the Mark II. Zeiss 3x9x42, Warlock suppressor, CCI Mini Mags.

Two 5 shot groups at 100 yards after getting it sighted in at 50 yards

I'll get it shooting better at some point.

I put this rifle together so that my grandson and I could do some plinking and small game hunting. He died in a tragic accident a week ago today. I never told him about it, wanted it to be a surprise, I think he would have enjoyed it.

nobody
    sorry for your loss.

Basic Member
    Very sorry to hear, looks like a great build and good shooting.

Thank you.

I think it will shoot better, I'll have to try different types of ammo and find what it likes best. Of course some of it could have just been me.

Not real happy with the Zeiss, glass is great, tracks like it's supposed to, but the finger adjustable turrets cannot be reset to zero, my fault for not doing enough research. Kenton Industries makes replacement turrets that will reset, just not sure if I want to stick another $150 into this scope, or sell it and get something else.

Basic Member
    So sorry for your loss

Seems to shoot pretty well for a 22LR at 100yds IMHO. I'm sure he would have loved it. I've been drooling over the fvsr even without the suppressor

Quote Originally Posted by Wide Glide View Post
    Seems to shoot pretty well for a 22LR at 100yds IMHO. I'm sure he would have loved it. I've been drooling over the fvsr even without the suppressor
    Oh it's a great shooting gun, I would like to see the POI closer to POA, POA was the center of the diamond. That could be scope adjustment. The fliers are either me or the ammo. I have only 50rds through it, all CCI, I need to try other brands and see if the groups get tighter. And I am definitely not at my best right now, it will work out. I'd like to see the groups a bit closer to .5", pretty sure I can get there.

Basic Member
    Nice shooting, I think you'll find it'll like standard velocity ammo better.

I'm very sorry for your loss and will keep your family in my prayers.

Team Savage
    So very sorry for your loss. It is a tragedy. No grandfather should have to bury grandchildren.

nobody
    like all guns the barrel will shoot in after use. i never use 3x9 scopes any more. i like a little more power on top of mine. i use mueller scopes alot and have been very happy with all of them i own. while they aren't high end scopes i have found them to track perfectly on every rifle i have put them on.

again i am sorry to hear about your grandson. keep in mind he is watching you and enjoying watching what you are doing. i have a .300 win mag that was willed to me by a friend that he had me biuld for him just before he passed away. i restocked it, rescoped it and have been shooting it from 100 to 600 yards. i know he is sitting up there laughing and saying look at what he biult for me and just how good it shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    like all guns the barrel will shoot in after use. i never use 3x9 scopes any more. i like a little more power on top of mine. i use mueller scopes alot and have been very happy with all of them i own. while they aren't high end scopes i have found them to track perfectly on every rifle i have put them on.

again i am sorry to hear about your grandson. keep in mind he is watching you and enjoying watching what you are doing. i have a .300 win mag that was willed to me by a friend that he had me biuld for him just before he passed away. i restocked it, rescoped it and have been shooting it from 100 to 600 yards. i know he is sitting up there laughing and saying look at what he biult for me and just how good it shoots.

I fully expect this to get better as I shoot it more. I too like a bit more than 3x9, but I had gotten a good deal on the Zeiss so I tried it. It is a decent scope, but the fact that I couldn't reset the turrets to zero just ended up being a deal breaker. I sold it for what I paid for it. New scope has been ordered, Sig Whiskey3 4x12x40. Have not tried the Sig scopes, have a Kilo 2000 rangefinder that I like real well so thought I'd experiment with one of their scopes.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers, it is a comfort.

Finally got the Sig scope, mounted it and took it out and shot it some. The turrets track well and return to zero, the glass is really nice for a $250 scope. I think it is going to work well on this rifle.

Those seem like dang good groups for 100 yards, especially with high velocity ammo! To achieve 1/2" or 1/2 MOA at 100 is going to be difficult I bet. I'm going to follow along on this thread and see what it takes to get there. My guess is new/improved pillar bedded stock and some really good target ammo. Best of luck to you. Keep us informed please.

So far that 3/4" group above is the best I've got, the standard velocity CCI is right around an inch. I'll bed this stock and also try some target ammo, and I may look into a different stock. In the end I may have to admit that 1/2" at 100 is only a dream and settle for 1". Not that I'm complaining, 1" groups at 100 yards from a suppressed off the shelf 22 is pretty darn good, but I have to try. :)

Huntin1

Please don't take me as saying you can't do it. I very much hope you can because that gives me hope that I may be able to as well. With a centerfire that goal would be a much easier target to hit, pun intended. Since we can't taylor loads to the gun we are left to testing a bunch of ammo and hoping we have a barrel that likes it. With loads of money and effort I know it can be done, but if it can be done relatively inexpensively that is even better! Of course I know inexpensive is moving target and what is inexpensive to one person may be very expensive to another.

I am playing around with a TRR-SR to try shoot with some long guys who shoot long range with big guns and once or so a year they will have a match for rimfire. I don't know what exactly the max range will be, but I bet it is no longer that 300-350 yards, which is a pretty good reach for a 22 LR IMO. Sure some people shoot further, but 350 yards will be far enough for me the first time. Reading winds and making corrections is even more important with the slow moving rimfire rounds!

Didn't take it that way at all. I will continue trying, though it may be awhile now cause it's starting to get cold here. Laying in the snow and shooting groups isn't real appealing with single digit temps.

Our thoughts and prayers go to you and your family. He would have love the straight shooter as much as you giving it to him. Our condolences again.