I shot several groups of store bought slugs. I am really glad I took the lead-sled. At 66 y/o I believe that the 50 slugs I shot off the bench would have left me hurting. With the sled, I just sorta ran out of ammo.

Notable stuff about the Savage 220. I had 3 different commercial slugs (sabot type) that shot under 1.75" groups 5 shot groups at 100. The Win 3" Dual metal, the 2 3/4" Fed Trophy Copper, and the Hornady 2 3/4" SST. Of these, the Trophy Copper was the best group in my gun. A true 1.3" center to center 5 shot group in a very pretty cluster.

Surprising was the Rem true ball. I used a box to zero the scope. At 25yds, it put 3 Rem "tru-ball" slugs in the almost the same hole. I didn't try them at 50 or 100. These are the cheapest store bought slugs I could find. They will do fine for a 25 yare load if needed.

I couldn't find any of the Rem Accu-points (the factory recommended load). If they shoot better than the Trophy Copper, this will be really astounding.

Observation: Using the Federal Trophy Copper, I have a slug gun that is grouping just over an MOA center to center at 100yds. This is certainly hunting rifle accuracy in my book. This Savage is a real game changer. I hunt on Quantico MCB every season. it is Shotgun and muzzle loader only. Up till now, I have always used the muzzle stuffer. That will change this season.

Thanks to all who make this forum great.

rch