I did some tinkering at home recently and it got me thinking. The journey so far....

I have a 12FV 223 with blind mag, and my brother game me a varmint/tactical synthetic stock with savage factory bottom metal. I recently took the original magazine from my 10T, removed the foot-plate, and installed it on the internal box magazine from my 12FV. I then installed it all in the stock my brother gave me, giving me a 223 with a 5 shot DBM. I really like it, and am kicking myself for not thinking of it earlier. No more skinned knuckles from top loading rounds with a full length scope base.

I was thinking, I did it with a 4 round mag, can I convert a mag from an fcp-sr into a reliable feeding 223 magazine that would hold 10+ rounds? I figure the bottom portion would require spacers on each side and the rear portion. Does it clip together the same as the factory 4 round mags?

Any and all help would be appreciated. I don't have the $200 budget to get AICS compatible metal and mags currently, and no one makes 223 10 rounders for the model 10 to purchase, that I am aware of.