Thread: Savage 10T (Cabelas) .308, my first heavy barrel

Butcher

Savage 10T (Cabelas) .308, my first heavy barrel

Paid $477, my out the door price (on sale for 529.99 plus saved bonus bucks at Cabelas).
    [IMG]ftbsf .jpg[/IMG]

Butcher

king of guns
    a nice gun too will shoot very well I even got a better deal a while back tickled when it shot a cloverleaf at 100 yds

Basic Member
    Mine has been a tac driver from the 1st shot. Get some good glass on it and enjoy. I reload so am shooting 178 ELD-X with varget. Works super great.
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Butcher
    Please excuse me as I am a newby that has not figured out how to post pics to post yet (working on it). I have some 100yd bench groups from 1st 50rds shots fired, best one my son shot at just under 5/8". I had tighter groups from 175gr 7.62x51 FGMM than 175gr .308 FGMM. I shot at a friends range in his back yard, a LE officer who really helped me out with a good scope. It's a Bushnell elite tac illuminated mil-dot ers 6x24x50 he tried and went back to moa (i got it for $400).

Basic Member
    Those groups will tighten up after about 200 round shot. I just put a vortex 6-24x50 HS-T on mine. Was out at the range this past Monday to re sight it in. This is one rifle I will be handing down to my kids after I take a dirt nap.

Butcher
    I'm hoping this pic works....

http://imgur.com/5kVghLS

If it did .... I put a Harris 6"x9" bi-pod on and the Bushnell.

Butcher
    http://i.imgur.com/5kVghLS.jpg[/img]

Butcher

Butcher
    Ok, cool...got pic to show without having to click links..

Done a light lapping when mounting the scope. This pic was after 1st time shooting. My friend was inspecting it afterwards and said tightening up
    bi-pod (I only had finger tight), seat time at bench, figuring out which load it likes, and it should be capable of sub-1/2moa groups if i do my part.

Not sure if I need in daylight, if anything the illuminated reticle is cool when showing others.

This was my 1st group @100yds, approx 1 1/4" on a 18x24 triple headed silhouette target.

I mic'd this one at .60" (outside of outside holes minus .308 I think?). My son shot this one on smaller bulls-eye in corner of a pistol splatter or reactive
    target. Oh yeah, i haven't heard the end of it.

I'm really impressed with this rifle, had fun, first time me or my son shot from a bench other than sighting a hunting scope.

Butcher.

Basic Member
    Stay with the 175 grains bullets for better performance at longer distances. I tried the 208 gr Hornady ELD-X. It was interesting. Am enjoying the 178 ELD-M bullets and varget. Will be testing both my 10T's out to 500 and hopefully 1000 yards the end of the month. Time to let them breath.

Butcher
    I would like to see and hear about your results. Might be a while before I can get to shoot longer distance, and verify elevation adjustments compared to a mil-dot master, dope scale card.