Thread: What is it?

What is it?

Shopping at Wal-Mart the other day and saw a Savage with TBR, blind mag, sporter barrel and polished blued finish. The tag on the rack said 111 THXP but it doesn't look anything like mine. Anyone have an idea what this is? It was locked up in the glass carousel and no sales person around so I couldn't get a closer look. Also had a black synthetic stock. I noticed the Top or Side Bolt Release and looked closer. Again,anyone have an idea what this is? Thanks

Nobody knows?

Basic Member
    Exclusive for Walmart. Typically these are made from surplus parts, odds and ends that don't necessarily come on standard catalog items.
    Savage does this from time to time to clean out inventory on discontinued parts and components, and then sells the whole run to a big box distributor at a discount to move it.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Thanks. I knew it didn't look like the Trophy Hunter I have. Would like to find a top bolt release for a build but the price was too high for that 1.

Basic Member
    111 would indicate long action. Was it? Did it have a scope? You didn't mention if it did. Could you tell if it was the Savage lightweight plastic stock or did it look beefier?

It had the same POC stock and a scope but I really don't know if it was an 11 or 111. I didn't look at it that close. It was locked up and no salespersons was around. The tag on the slot it was in said 111 but I really don't know.

WeldNFool
    Kind of like lawnmowers. John Deere's and Cub Cadets at the home stores are no comparison to the ones you get at actual Deere and Cubby dealers. Depending on the price my thinking would be, pick it up for the action and spare parts then build something different, lol.