Thread: 10 FPC -SR 6.5 Creedmore

10 FPC -SR 6.5 Creedmore

Okay I'm shopping something with a little more reach then my .270. It is fun to shoot, but i'm looking for an out of the box gun I can stretch a bit further. I found the 10FPC-SR 6.5 Creedmoor 24" threaded barrel for $564 shipped. Anyone own one and shoot it in factory configuration. It has Accustock and Accutrigger so i think I can tinker with it and get it to shoot well. basically is there something you would suggest in the $600 range that you think is better then it.
    Last edited by tufrthnails; 09-27-2016 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Price correction
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

It's a savage, so it's easily changed, swapped, etc. by the average joe, without expensive specialized tools. But it also likely will need some tinkering, as their QC has never been stellar.
    I still have Painless(3-screw 10FP), and won't get rid of it, but I don't have any illusions about it. Back when I purchased it, there were $450. For the same gun at $600, I wouldn't do it personally.
    I would buy a Ruger, or grab a Marlin X7 while you still can.

Not likely to be a popular answer on this board, understandably; but my $0.02.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

LOL! I had a long reply as to why the Savage is a better deal then those two and I after reading it I have decided I am Bias and don't want either of them. I ordered the Savage and it should be here friday! Sorry about the goat rope it really pisses me off when someone asks for input but already has there mind made up and I just did the same!!

it really pisses me off when someone asks for input but already has there mind made up and I just did the same!!
    LOL. Well just pretend you didn't. Think you made a good choice. Don't believe it will reach out any better than the .270 but in your part of the world the Creedmoor is a lot more practical and efficient than the 270....a lot more fun to shoot and your shoulder may thank you.
    Last edited by wbm; 09-29-2016 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wbm View Post
    LOL. Well just pretend you didn't. Think you made a good choice. Don't believe it will reach out any better than the .270 but in your part of the world the Creedmoor is a lot more practical and efficient than the 270....a lot more fun to shoot and your shoulder may thank you.
    LOL! It may indeed not reach out any better on it's own, but in my hands with my shortcomings I think it will or at least that is the excuse I have used to justify to myself buying it!!

Well the way I look at life is the best justification for buying anything is "I want to buy it!". Good luck with the rifle and let us know how it shoots.

Rifle came in today. Glass, mounts, dies and bullets are on their way, just sourcing some brass now. Overall I like the rifle (hate the new logo stickers) on first observation. Accustock feels stiff enough to get the job done, but it is still a plastic stock. Accutrigger actually feels smoother then when I pulled my 111 THXP out of the box. Love that it is a top bolt release. Lock up feels acceptable. Love the oversized bolt handle. Can't wait to get everything together to break in the barrel. It's not as heavy as I was thinking it would be. The .308 version I held at the LGS with 20" barrel feels as heavy as the 6.5 24" barrel version. I'm sure side by side I might be able to feel a difference.

High five on the arrival....hope it shoots.

(hate the new logo stickers)
    Oh yeah....stupidist looking logo for any firearm I know. Just dumbutt.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14469567_10153758624050736_1563349547003257659_n.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	2182
    Glass and Mounts came in today. Still waiting on Bipod and brass to get to the range.

glockr
    Quote Originally Posted by wbm View Post
    High five on the arrival....hope it shoots.

Oh yeah....stupidist looking logo for any firearm I know. Just dumbutt.
    At least the stickers come off. The "GRIP ZONE" logos on a Springfield XD are molded into the grip.

Quote Originally Posted by glockr View Post
    At least the stickers come off. The "GRIP ZONE" logos on a Springfield XD are molded into the grip.
    I'd take a grinding wheel to the new logos is they were molded into the stock.I hate them that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by tufrthnails View Post
    I'd take a grinding wheel to the new logos is they were molded into the stock.I hate them that bad.
    Oh he.. yeah.

Just need brass to show up so I can put some rounds together.

Might consider getting a box of Hornady 140 ELD-M and giving them a go. They shot great in mine. Just for the heck of it, I got a box of 129gr American Whitetail Monday....they shoot pretty good for low price factory.

I ordered 3 boxes 129, 140, and 143. All hornaday hunting rounds so if I had a problem were I couldn't load some up i will know what I can pick up in a pinch.