Question for you guys. I was just checking out my new build and running a couple of unfired rounds through and had a problem with several not wanting to extract. I changed out the extractor to see if that might be the problem. I think I may have set my headspace a little too tight but before I break it back down I wanted to ask you guys since I just had the rifle cerakoted. My go gauge closes without any problems but with my no go gauge it doesn't even allow the bolt to begin rotation. Some rounds will extract but about half will not/

I also used a black sharpie and colored the bullet on one round and it was scratched off after chambering but it did extract. I have not fired the rifle yet but was going to hit the range this afternoon.

The rifle is a Stevens 200 6.5x55 with a new Shilen barrel. I only shoot factory ammo and generally only use the Nosler 140 gr. Accubond.

My question is with that type of tight setup is the gun still safe to shoot? Should fired rounds not have the same problem as unfired rounds. I do not mind resetting the headspace, but just hate to mess up the cerakote.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks