Thread: Help! Can I use this stock?

Help! Can I use this stock?

I have a 111 30-06 non accutrigger non accustock. It has top bolt release and the axis style detachable mag. I found a deal on a 111 long range hunter 338 accustock. Is it comparable with my rifle? I will post pics as soon as I can.

It's compatible with the rifle, but the recoil lug will either have to be changed or trimmed to fit.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Hotolds442 View Post
    It's compatible with the rifle, but the recoil lug will either have to be changed or trimmed to fit.
    Thank you! Would I be able to use the 338 magazine or would I have to do something else?

Also would this be a worth while mod?

You should be able to use the 338 mag, if not, a little feed lip tweaking should get you where you need to be.
    For me personally, I'd rather not convert to the accustock. Every one I've worked with was finicky when it came to removal and reinstall, point of impact was hard to duplicate. I'd rather spend the money on a Bell & Carlson.
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Never had any issues with a 10 fcp-k 308w accustock. I don't recall it changing the POI any when re-installing the barreled action into it. If anything it might of shifted literally a hair.

If the accustock you're looking at is a bottom bolt release, you will have to dremel inside the stock where the top bolt release goes. It's easy and it should even have a outline where to do it.

As for the recoil lug. If yours doesn't fit into the accustock... DO NOT TRIM THE RECOIL LUG ! grind off the front of the accustock's recoil recess to accept the slightly thicker recoil lug. You only need 100% contact of the rear of the recoil lug, so it's ok if the front of it doesn't touch anything.

Basic Member
    Never mind. Delete post.

Don't delete the post.. this could be useful for others with the same question.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero333 View Post
    As for the recoil lug. If yours doesn't fit into the accustock... DO NOT TRIM THE RECOIL LUG ! grind off the front of the accustock's recoil recess to accept the slightly thicker recoil lug. You only need 100% contact of the rear of the recoil lug, so it's ok if the front of it doesn't touch anything.
    Totally wrong info you're providing here. It's not that the recoil lug is thicker/thinner, it's narrower where it fits into the lug recess from left to right. You either have to re-profile the lug or modify the lug recess in the stock. Guess which is easier?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	savage_accustock_ww9.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	2150
    Accustock lug

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	442974.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	2151

Standard non-accustock lug
    Last edited by Hotolds442; 09-22-2016 at 12:56 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero333 View Post
    Don't delete the post.. this could be useful for others with the same question.
    Not the thread, just my post.

I forgot there are 2 types of accustock recoil lugs. I was referring to the newer one without the retaining screw. I'm speaking from my own experience with the accustock that I have.
    My apologies.