Hello, I'm wanting to get into long range shooting. I've currently been using my old savage 110 30-06 to shoot out to around 500 yards. This is currently my hunting rifle but i've been enjoying doing some bench shooting with it as well and i've been switching back and forth between my target loads and hunting loads (when its hunting season). I've now decided that I want to get a dedicated target rifle and I'd like to shoot out to 1000 yds. I've really enjoyed shooting out to 500 and want to keep reaching out farther. Currently I'm looking at either a long range hunter or a model 12lrp in 6.5 Creedmoor. Most of my shooting will be from a bench, but sometimes prone. From what i've been able to research, it looks like the model 12 has a heavier barrel, and a trigger that's more adjustable. Could you please provide some input on the differences in these two rifles and which one may be a better choice for what I'm wanting to use it for? At the moment I'm not planning to do any matches or competitions this is purely for fun but that doesn't mean I wont change my tune down the road. Thanks!

PS. If there are any other rifle makes/models in this price range you'd recommend I'm open for suggestions