I am using a Vortex Viper HS 6-24X50 on my BVSS in 223 and having trouble adjusting focus and eyepiece focus to eliminate parallax error.

To start with, I am shooting at 200 yds. I set the eyepiece focus per instructions, point at the sky and adjust until cross hairs are clear, then leave it alone. But it's a fast focus 4x eyepiece, so what's with that? Use it to increase magnification, or leave it alone?

Then I set the side focus on 200. Everything is clear, except if I move my eye slightly, the reticle moves relative to the target (parallax error). So I continue turning the side focus to get the parallax error out, but then the reticle is out of focus. BTW; I'm careful not to move the gun when moving my head around for this check.

I adjust the eyepiece so the reticle is in focus, and now the reticle is moving on the target again.

It takes me a good 10 minutes to find the right combination, but always end up with a fuzzy reticle. Groups are smaller, but I must be doing something wrong. It shouldn't be that hard to get the scope set up right, and IMHOP cross hairs should always be in sharp focus.

I've tried this with, and without my glasses on.

Any suggestions?