Thread: Why no AccuStock on the 12 VLP DBM .223?

stash

Why no AccuStock on the 12 VLP DBM .223?

Just curious as to why there is no AccuStock on the 12 VLP DBM .223?

But other models such as a 16FCSS has both AccuTrigger and AccuStock and is much cheaper then the 12 VLP ?

Maybe its not needed?
    Have read people say don't buy a savage without it, it the greatest thing,etc.
    Again just curious?
    Can a AccuStock be added to the 12VLP is needed?

Thanks!!

Stash

82boy

Re: Why no AccuStock on the 12 VLP DBM .223?

To start, why would you want it?
    The accu-stock is a band-aid fix to a flex problem in the cheap plastic stocks.

The wood stock in the VLP is FAR superior to the accu-stock in just about every way. To change the VLP to a accu-stock would be a huge step back wards. I would say that the VLP (In its current form) is the second best rifle in the entire Savage line up.(First being the LRPV, and the distance between the two is very close.) If it ain't broke don't fix it.

stash

Thanks for the info, this is what I needed to know. I did not truly understand what the AccuStock actually did. From your info though, it appears to be a FIX for lower grade Stocks, as I do remember reading some people saying the plastic stocks do flex.

Thanks!!

Stash

Basic Member

I am a firm believer in the accustock, I have 2 guns right now with it and one I ordered was a model 12 in the 300 WSM it is basically the VLP with the Law Enforcement Accustock, It shoot's under.25" groups and at 500 I get under 3" groups, If tourqed as Savage recomends I would not have anything else, I do agree the Mcmillian is good to and why change, it gives the option for someone who wants that stock and would not have to modify anything.

stash

Thanks for the replies.

Next question: IF anything ever happened to my stock on the 12 VLP DBM, what can I replace the stock with? Same thing or something else?

Thanks

Stashu

82boy

Quote Originally Posted by stash
    Next question: IF anything ever happened to my stock on the 12 VLP DBM, what can I replace the stock with? Same thing or something else?
    This is the other benefit of not having an accu-stock, you can use any stock made for a short action center feed rifle. The list is not as long as stagard feed actions, but you have a few dozen choices. The accu-stock you stuck with it. (Do to the bolt release, and the recoil lug being different.) But either way you could get an custom stock made.

Galveston22

Quote Originally Posted by stash
    Thanks for the replies.

Thanks

Stashu
    This:

http://www.xlrindustries.com/