Thread: Condensation

possum1

Condensation

How do you handle condensation or do you ? My location when I take my rifle out it sweat's like a A/C line, water actually drip's off the barrel. What do you do if anything ? Let the rifle set until the temp equalize's or what ? Does it affect the cartridge ?

358Hammer

Re: Condensation

Now that is humidity!

Stay in the AC and watch T.V.! It doesn't affect the cartridge accuracy so much as it rusts metal and corrodes brass. I have been in that super humid stuff. Sometimes there was humidity/moisture on the gun and sometimes there wasn't. No answer here other than weight for the weather to change.

Neal

JeepsAndGuns

I put mine in a black hard plastic case. My jeep has no AC. I always go to lunch right before I go to the range, so I simply leave it in the case out in my jeep in the heat. The case keeps the outside humid air off of it untill it has time to get to the same temp as the outside air. Witch is usally about the time I get to the range.

Team Savage

Hose it down with WD 40 to drive the moisture out then wipe it down with a good gun oil. Use a different style case. Non lined!!

Saw the same thing when a shooting buddy pulled his rifle out of a lamb skin lined soft case. Couldn't believe that much moisture could come off a rifle. Looked like it just got pulled out of the water. Just the difference in tempature from a warm house and the outside cold air.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Basic Member

My location when I take my rifle out it sweat's like a A/C line, water actually drip's off the barrel
    Ain't summertime in Missouri great!!!

When I leave the house in the morning, my glasses fog up so much, I can barely see where the truck is.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day- Harry Truman

Eric in NC

Shoot it - once you get it good and hot it will evaporate all that water!

Basic Member

Oh yes the humidity. I'm also in Missouri and the gun barrels will drip wet for sure. It's a PITA but not much you can do about it. In fact I was just out on Sat and it was bad. Didn't effect accuracy at all though.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.