Tomorrow is gonna be a very hard day for me, as 2 of my 3 combat deployments have been post 9/11. As a warrior, an American, and Christian, it has changed me. It will have been 15 years since the world changed. The world DID change. The 9/11 attacks were akin to the atomic bomb in the effect they will end up having on human history. America (and the world) has been through a lot with the resurgence of radical islamic terror... and it is far from over. As I have said from the beginning, this will be a multi-generational conflict that may lead to (and may even last after) the third world war.
The "end times" may be next week, or a thousand years from now, but the spread of radical islamic hatred has started us down the path. The vast difference in the collision of two very different worlds has left it's mark. With the exception of love, there is no greater motivation than hatred, and our enemy has had hatred bred into them since birth with religious fanaticism. They will NEVER give up.
Love your fellow man as much as you can, but please don't allow those who hate to gain control of the world. Trust in God, and call on him, but never forget that though he will give us the strength to face our problems, he will not fix them for us. For that, he gave us free will. He will test us, and we must do the work. America must stand strong together, or we will fall, as has every other great society. We cannot allow America to fall. America just happens to be the best hope the world has for a better future. We are hurting right now as a nation, yet we are still better, more giving, and more free, than any other nation that has ever existed on the planet.
God bless the United States of America.