Thread: Installing an SSS Trigger

lesloan

Installing an SSS Trigger

Just what's involved in installing an SSS Competition trigger on an Accutrigger Model 12? The sites that sell them are saying they're a simple drop-in, but one user review I've seen says something about it being necessary to modify the trigger bracket (I think that's the term he used) on models with the Accutrigger. No specifics. What's the deal? Is whatever this is easily done with ordinary tools? Are clear instructions provided? I don't even know what a "trigger bracket" is. ???

Basic Member

Re: Installing an SSS Trigger

Whe I did my first one I didn't think it was very easy. Now that I have done three or four more it's no big deal. You have to file or grind a notch in one side of the trigger bracket on the AccuTrigger models. The instructions are fairly clear but if you can't figure out what the trigger bracket is you might consider getting some help on your first one. All I can say is that it's worth the effort. It is a pretty nice trigger for the money.
    Charlie
    laportecharlie

hailstone

Accua-Trigger models require a cut out be made in the trigger bracket on one side. Non Accua-Trigger models have this already made in the bracket. The instructions included with the trigger and also available on this forum detail how much modification is required. Never had too do one myself as I've only replaced the non Accua-Triggers in older Savages and newer Stevens. Should your rifle be new enough with the bolt release on the front of the trigger guard then another modification needs too be made. That information was in a recent post. All this information is covered in old threads/posts.

Team Savage

it is very easy just go by the instructions

[img width=600 height=450]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v675/gcidso123/savage/gunsmith/reargripstriker011.jpg[/img]
    assembled

pieces to remove

trigger housing
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

scamp62

2 days ago I installed my first SSS Comp, Trigger in a Mod, 10 FCP-K (w/Accutrigger)
    It took about 5 min, with a dummel tool w/ a cut off wheel. The instructions were o.k. But the pic’s. were washed out so I could not see one of the measurements !! but if you just put the new trigger up in the housing you can see what needs to be removed. This is not a difficult job, but the rewards are so worth it !!!Truly a great after market item for your rifle

scamp62

P.S. if you plan on ordering one now from SSS, please know they are out of town for a few weeks, Varmint Hunters Jamboree.

lesloan

Thanks for the help, folks. Oh, and I see on their web site that Sharp Shooter Supply should be back from the Jaboree on Aug. 3.

bodywerks

Yes but if you want the simplicity of ordering online:
    I have purchased two from these guys at two different times. They are ideally located in Colorado. I placed the order each time and had the trigger in two days, here in AZ:
    http://www.tacticalworks.com/Savage-...n-Trigger.html
    or brownells if you don't mind over paying:
    http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=7...TITION_TRIGGER

lesloan

The SSS website, I've found, has photos of the trigger bracket and the modification needed. Looks pretty straightforward.

Team Savage

it is