Thread: My .277 Wolverine savage project

Basic Member

My .277 Wolverine savage project

My friend gave me a 308 savage axis as a wedding present and I already had a model 10 308. I had planned on cambering it in 25-45 sharps but didn't want to wait 8-12 weeks for a custom barrel. Then I found some McGowen 277wlv barrels in stock at mad dog weapons system. I had read about the 277 wolverine before and it has very impressive ballistics from a 223 size case. The bore size to case burn rate is very efficient giving even more fps and energy from the same weight bullets than the 300 blackout or 223. It shoots a 270/6.8mm bullet and nips at the heels of factory 6.8spc ammunition from a much smaller case.

The proprietor of this round has already made all the connections in the industry to have reloading dies made by LEE and Hornady. Resized brass and factory loaded ammunition from 3 other companies,case trimming length gauges, chamber gauges,reamers,head space gauges or anything else you could need for this round.

Resizing 223 brass is simple and cheap compared to 6.8spc ammo yet uses the same .223 bolt face and mags. It is also very efficient in shorter barrels.

Basic Member
    I have always like the stainless and wood look. Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?
    A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. ... Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.<br /><br />Thomas Jefferson

Basic Member
    I have two kinds of factory loaded ammo and lots of reloading components but I am still waiting to rent a head-space gauge later this month. I could use a piece of resized brass but I am still deciding on a scope. I will post results when I do.

glockr
    Never mind, problem resolved.