Maybe you guys can shed some light on the subject. I'm shooting a 10FP in .308 which I purchased from Cabelas. It has the Choate stock. I have been shooting 168g HPBT Noslers over either IMR4895 and now over 40.5 of Varget. Best I have been able to get this rifle to shoot is about 1 moa. It should do better.

I know someone will tell me to go out and spend $35 or so and purchase Federal Gold Metal Match ammo and try that, but why should it shoot that better than what I can hand load? It's manufactured for a wide variety of rifles whereas my handloads are tailored specifically for this rifle.

I'm seating the bullets approx .010 - .005 off the lands. I'm shooting off a Caldwell bag in front and rear. I've got my Accutrigger turned down fairly lightly, yet this rifle doesn't shoot consistently. I removed the stock, found a couple small burrs on the aluminum bedding and removed them. I made sure the action screws were torqued properly. Nothing seems to help. Scope is tightened, no movement. I'm stumped.

Any other suggestions?