Thread: Bushnell Elite Tactical DMR 3.5-21-50mm Scope with G2 Reticle

Bushnell Elite Tactical DMR 3.5-21-50mm Scope with G2 Reticle

Christmas came early!

MidwayUSA had these on sale (may still be??) so I went ahead and picked one up.

I was waiting until I had the money put away for the XRS 4.5-30x50mm, but I couldn't pass on this price.

This will initially be going on an Armalite AR-10T (20" stainless match barrel, 1:10" twist) that I have no loads worked up for. (It was that or an AR-15 with 16", 1:9" pencil barrel.)

I'm going to be looking around for a good price on ammo and then I will take it to the range, hopefully next weekend, to at least sight it in.

I will "TRY" to take good, quality photos and document my journey as I learn to use this scope.
    Rick_W
    CPO-USN(Ret)
    You don't know what you don't know.

LongRange
    nice and im very interested to hear what you think...what was the to your door price?

Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
    nice and im very interested to hear what you think...what was the to your door price?
    $1049 - Ordered on 8/30 after I got off work and received on 9/2!

Got to looking around last night and found a box of Sierra 168 gr HPBT, 1 lb of Varget and 1 lb of RL15. I also have a couple of boxes of various LR primers. Shockingly, I couldn't find .308 dies. I found my .223, 7mm-08 & 7mm RUM dies. I thought for sure I had .308 dies.

Will end up going to the range with some cheap .308 ammo for sight-in. Will go look for some after work this evening. Need to wait until next pay day to order new dies and cartridge conversion kit.
    Rick_W
    CPO-USN(Ret)

LongRange
    thats a great price..im going to make the switch to mils soon and have been checking out different scopes and the Bushnell is one ive been considering.

Picked up a pound of IMR4064, a pound of IMR4895 & a box of Sierra 175 gr HPBT MatchKing bullets today.

No match primers in town that I can find so I'll end up using what I have on hand.

Also no Dillon dealers in town so I'll have to order from online.

I did pick up two boxes of Federal 149 gr FMJ cartridges (XM80C) for sight-in.
    Rick_W
    CPO-USN(Ret)

I've had my 3.5-21 DMR for 3 years and a XRS 4.5-30 for 1 and a half years.

Love both scopes.

I've compared the glass with S&B 5-25 and I guess I got lucky with mine since the owner of the S&B couldn't tell much difference between the XRS and the S&B. Tho I could tell the difference, of course the S&B glass was a lil nicer, but not double the price nicer.

the G2 reticle absolutely kicks ass. Using it for sighting in a load is as simple as looking at the target and counting the lines. I also use it to hold over when shooting multiple distances at local fun matches.

Comparing the DMR to the XRS is hard. Besides the 30x top end magnification and a zero stop, there isn't anything that's better about the xrs.

The DMR has the smallest amount of tunneling from 3.5x to about 5x, but I went almost 2 years before I noticed it. And that's because I looked for it.
    XRS has no bottom end tunneling.

DMR has a total of 34 mil of elevation.
    XRS has 33 mils elevation.

I took a picture with my cellphone through the XRS scope at 30x magnification, pointing at 328 yard gongs.
    A cellphone picture usually will never show the real quality of any scopes glass, but I tried. ps, the DMR glass is just as good. And remember the higher the magnification the worst the mirage and less light gets in.

XRS @30x, 328 yard gongs.

Basic Member
    Good scope and my favorite reticle, other than 5 mils per rev and no zero stops they're great. That's a good price for a new scope!!!!
    Last edited by Newsshooter; 10-27-2016 at 02:08 AM.

I hope to get it to the range Sunday or Monday.
    Rick_W
    CPO-USN(Ret)