Thread: A22 vs 93 WMR

Basic Member

A22 vs 93 WMR

How does these compare accuracy wise? Also how is the reliability with the A22, any problems, feeding, ejecting, etc?

Prarie dog shooter
    I had nothing but problems with my A22. Sent it back to Savage 2 times , still wasn't right so on the third time I told them to keep it and send me a bolt action 22mag. It would mis-fire, not extract, mis-feed. I have a video of the second time I got it back I could show you.
    I know most people don't have those kind of experiences like I had, I think I just got a lemon.

ReefBum
    I also have had nothing but issues with the A22 I purchased, it's actually on the way back to Savage now. I'm really regretting this purchase.
    1. Severe copper/brass shavings building up in the action causing failure to ejects. 2 times now a professional gunsmith had to remove spent cases from chamber. I have to stop, clean and use canned air every 20-30 rounds to keep it cycling reliably.
    2. Mags fail to seat properly most of the time unless "extra" time and careful attention is given, making it slower overall to shoot than my old bolt action.
    3. 2-3MOA at 50yd / 3-4MOA at 100yd using the recommended CCI A22 ammo. Either this is the worst Savage rifle out of the box I have ever owned or CCI is producing the worst ammo I have ever used.

Regards

I have the 93 WMR, I had feed problems initially but called Savage and they sent a new one and it has shot and feed perfectly every since. Hope this helps.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    We bought an A22 this Summer, I love it. It shoots the Hornady ammo into a dime at 50 yards ! Not kidding, the A22 ammo is not quite as accurate. Wal-Mart had Winchester 30gr ammo so I bought 2 boxes, NEVER again! Its the worst ammo I tried in it - 50 yards 2" group! I also had 3 FTF and several not ejects with the Winchester ammo. Never had any problems with any of the other ammo! Armscore will shoot into an inch and most people say its bad stuff. Anyway I have a lot of different brands stored but want to get rid of it and get all Hornady and A22. OH I also have 3 Marlin 22mags and they all shoot the Hornady ammo best!

Basic Member
    I know this is an old thread, but wondering if Savage has corrected the above mentioned issues in the last couple years? I should also make it clear I was comparing the A22 mag with the 93 WMR. I think most understood, but wanted to make it clear. Kinda odd for me to compare a bolt magnum to semi auto LR, but that was how I noticed my title looked.