Thread: Hogue stock

Mdhart79

Hogue stock

Any one running hogue stocks? Is the full bedding worth it over pillar bedded model? Going on model 10 with 450 bushmaster barrel.

Basic Member
    I see from Your other thread that this build will primarily be a deer hunting rifle. Given that, My answer to Your question would be "no".

The reason I say that, Your rifle chambering and build is well served with "hunting accuracy". And a pillared stock will easily satisfy that need.

A bedding block stock is an up grade geared more toward bench rest needs. In this case it's in a sporter stock. There are those who are willing to put up with the extra weight, and fork out the extra 100 bucks in cost, for that solid lock down feel.

With My carry rifles, I am shooting off hand, from sticks, or some sort of crude rest, so pillars suit those needs just fine.

Hope this helps You decide...:-)

jfksc
    My dad just put a hogue pillar stock on a rifle. Granted it's not a savage, but a 70's push feed Winchester M70 in 270. The feel of the stock is nice. Accuracy improved once rifle was mounted into the new Hogue stock too. Even the pillared stocks are pretty heavy, so I'd definitely shy away from the full block if it's heavier.