Thread: Model 25 .223

flphotog

Model 25 .223

I currently own the Mark ii BTV and love it. Now considering the 25 Lightweight Varminter-T .223 which has the same thumb hole stock as the BTV and was wondering if anyone here has that one and what they think of it.
    I really love that thumb hole stock and really would love a .223 in a more traditional rifle, have an AR but it's not quite doing it for me.

Basic Member
    I have one and shoot it every Saturday morning in a 100 yard offhand match. Mine is a good shooting rifle with a bolt that works effortlessly.

I got the trigger to 1.5 lbs. Accurate with cheap 55 fmj, that is why I bought it. more accurate with handloads.

David

JoeMal
    I have the standard 25, not the thumbhole version. It's half-MOA accurate at 100 yards with factory 50gr. tipped ammo.

Here are some groups I shot this weekend. Savage 25, Harris bipod, homemade rear rest, Simmons Whitetail Classic 6.5-20x scope. I'm working on load development for it but honestly with these groups it's hard to justify!!
    First group is Fiocchi 50gr. VMAX

This group is with Federal 50gr. "tipped" ammo - I think these are VMAX. The tips are gray

I have the thumbhole version, shoots just about anything well. Except American Eagle, I get patterns instead of groups ;-)

Rich

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.