Thread: Anyone have a 6mm. Creedmoor criterion or Shilen barrel ?

Basic Member

Anyone have a 6mm. Creedmoor criterion or Shilen barrel ?

I bought a 26” 1in7” in Criterion has only been ok accuracy, I have around 500 rounds and can’t get it great, I wanted to hear if anyone has any luck with these or Shilen barrels?

I have 3 Criterion Barrels all of them are .5MOA shooters. I have 2 22-250 (1/9 twist) and a .260 (6.5MM) Remington Match (1/8 twist). Something seems off with your's(unless you're wanting those .2 MOA groups (as GREAT)

Are you shooting hand loaded ammo? factory loaded ammo? what grain bullet and make?

Have you replaced your stock? is it pillared? what are your action screws torched to?

If you're hand loading... Which powder(s) are you using? and last but not least... Which optic are you using?

Basic Member
    I have the same 22-250 barrel and 260 barrel you have, they shoot great, this one just isn’t up to par, have it on a Bell and carlson and have a 8-32 Sightron siii, my 22-250 shoots 1/4 moa with 69 stmk all day long around 3300 FPS, I do get allot of cracked necks on it after several firings even with Lapua brass, my 6mm Creedmoor is starting to get cracked necks around 5-6 firings.

I do get allot of cracked necks on it after several firings even with Lapua brass, my 6mm Creedmoor is starting to get cracked necks around 5-6 firings.

Anneal your cases brother. That's unnecessary. Your neck tension is so inconsistent your lucky to get a 2 inch group.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    I have a 26" Criterion barrel in 6mm Creedmoor. It is still breaking in but it is shooting 1/2" at 100 yards consistently. The rifle is a ARC Nucleus with a Triggger Tech Diamond set to ounces with a Steiner M7 scope sitting on top.

I am using 115 DTACs loaded over Reloder 16 with FGMM primers set in Starline brass. Overall length is 2.8" so the rounds will feed in a Ruger Precision I have in the same caliber.

Basic Member
    I do anneal my cases, I talked to a guy at Lapua and he told me to quit annealing and do 1 or 2 things, always full length size or get a neck sizer bushing die and also remove the expander ball. My groups with that gun are 1/4”@ 100 yards out shoots all my guns except when I get a cracked neck then it will throw it off some

Basic Member
    Thanks for the info , I get about 1/2” best but that is it normally goes between 1/2 and 3/4”, shooting 115 Berger’s and also 90gr Berger BT shoot well with Varget.

Basic Member
    I have a 6 creed, 26" Criterion, 1-8" .104 freebore, i shoot 87 and 105 grain bullets,have posted pic's of groups, 600 to 1000 yards,on 6 mm creedmoor forum.Highly recommend Criterion barrels