Thread: pentax scopes

mark45acp

pentax scopes

I am picking my Axis .308 up Saturday. its serial # starts H. Did they come with Pentax scopes or was this added. just wondering. Also is there any concerns I should look for.

I am not aware of any savages coming with Pentax scopes. Some of the older Light Seekers had fantastic glass.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

mark45acp
    thanks for the imfo. I will post after I pick it up and go through it.

Just a note, a few years ago I bought one of Pentax cheaper scopes and put it on a 223. The first shot the cross hairs each broke. It went in the garbage can.

Quote Originally Posted by bythebook View Post
    Just a note, a few years ago I bought one of Pentax cheaper scopes and put it on a 223. The first shot the cross hairs each broke. It went in the garbage can.
    Just another note, probably 8-10 years ago I bought a brand spanking new Pentax GameSeeker 6x42 scope for $90. It's been mounted on a .50cal muzzleloader, a .284 Win bolt gun, a Ruger 10/22 and a couple different rimfire bolt guns over the years and it's still going strong. More surprising to me is the fact that I have to look real hard to see any noticeable difference between the glass in it and the glass in my $400 Leupold FX-III 6x42. The feel of the turrets isn't as nice on the Pentax, but these are hunting scopes and once zeroed on a rifle the turrets don't get touched.

More surprising to me is the fact that I have to look real hard to see any noticeable difference between the glass in it and the glass in my $400 Leupold FX-III 6x42.
    The glass on a decade old Pentax I have is the same....don't use it much but it seems to be a well built little scope.

swamphonkey
    I've got two Pentax light seekers that are over 15 years old and are as bright and clear as any scope I've looked through. They have never knocked off and are great scopes. Now they cost a lot back then I think I gave 1,200$ for both of them. I have seen the Pentex lines going cheap but the light seeker is a fine scope.