So last night I picked up my new Savage 10 BA Stealth in 308. While I was waiting on the rifle to show up I bought an EGW 20 MOA heavy duty scope base since I knew the factory scope base didn't have any MOA built into it. My plan last night was to simply swap out the scope bases, clean off the top of the receiver and locktite every down good and solid. When I went to put the new scope base mount screws into the receiver I quickly found out the supplied screws were far enough undersized that they didn't even make contact with the threads and just kind of rattled around.

Now I'm heading to the range Sunday, and since I don't get out there that often (3 little kids) I want the rifle setup and ready to go when I get there. It seems really unlikely to me that Savage would make the holes bigger on this particular model than their other 10 series rifles and I'd be willing to bet that it was just a simple mix up on the screws coming from EGW. I've never had an issue with anything EGW and if I wasn't in a time crunch I would just send it back and get a new one. Since I'm in a time crunch and in the event a batch of bad screws went out with those mounts I bought a new scope mount that I'm hoping will fill my needs.

I bought a Nightforce 20 MOA base and I didn't even know they were making them. I was shocked to see it was within the same price of the EGW since most of Nightforce's products are top notch quality and the price tag reflects that. I'll report back on my findings with the Nightforce scope base when it gets in on Friday.

Has anyone else bought a 10 BA Stealth yet and experienced any difference in the scope base mounting hole sizes?