Thread: dress up my vt11

Basic Member

dress up my vt11

I like shooting out to about 250, 300. yards just paper beer cans ground hogs. I would like a good 20x on it would that be about right.?? Getting a stock from Numrich not fancy but a working stock.Thanks

mondront
    Quote Originally Posted by savage2 View Post
    I like shooting out to about 250, 300. yards just paper beer cans ground hogs. I would like a good 20x on it would that be about right.?? Getting a stock from Numrich not fancy but a working stock.Thanks
    I mounted a 4.5-18x Nikon Prostaff on my VT .223 Works really well out to 200. Hoping to go on out to 300 and the 500 this fall as I get to shoot very little during the summer.

Basic Member
    20x is a nice high power for target shooting. You wont need a spotter scope to see your hits and you should be able to use all of it even on a mid priced scope.
    Much higher and the image starts getting dark or mirage makes it unusable except on the high dollar scopes with apo lenses. The only down side is that most
    scopes that go this high only go down to 6.5x which will limit your field of view if you hunt with it. I like a hunting scope to go down to at least 3x and 2x is even
    better. Spend as much as you can on your scope, you will never regret it. My rifles come and go but I move my best scopes from one to the other and have a
    box of cheap scopes I bought in my younger days when I thought I was too poor to have a nice scope, until I added up the cost of all the ones I dont use
    anymore. It does not have to be fancy just decent quality, you cant get 20x lenses in a quality tube for $100.