Thread: It finally broke

It finally broke

Lasted me about a year. I was still able to shoot but I ordered a new one today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer. Ya know the older stagger feed I have on the flat back 110 is not as convenient or as "safe" but they don't break after a year. Have two of the DBM magazines so I guess I can expect something similar in the near future.

daniel87
    You could epoxy the mag to the rifle so it becomes a blind.

Then it will never ever fall out

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    You can order a replacement floor plate from savage. They aren't that expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by adam38654 View Post
    You can order a replacement floor plate from savage. They aren't that expensive.
    I'm h I did not know that. I already ordered the a new mag but I will give savage a call and order that part also. Never hurts to have a spare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a second one cheap a while back just for that reason. I didn't know the floor plates were replaceable either.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

My biggest gripe with the Axis. It's one of those things where you want to yell "WTF?" at an engineer and slap him. I haven't had mine out shooting too many times so far, but it still scares the crap outta me. Wanting to go with the CDI Precision bottom metal and 10 rounders.
    You know what I like best about people? Their dogs.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else had one break? I'm not a huge fan of the plastic tab, but none of my magazines have failed yet over the past few years. Two of my Axises don't use the factory mag any more, but two of my most-shot guns, Taxis and Maxis, use the plastic baseplate mags exclusively.

Basic Member

It finally broke

I broke one being rough with it. It had some feeding issues and I tried to pull the tab out a little to get it to stay up more. SNAP! That didn't take much at all.

Little voice said, don't do it, bad idea - I did it anyway. I bought a new magazine. Lesson learned. Model 11TH same as Axis.

Basic Member
    If anyone would like to sell a 223 axis/10/11 magazine with broken tab I would be interested. I can take the floot plate off it and use it in my blind mag build. :)

Extra Magazines,? For the Axis Win 270,? Go for about $45.00,? If you can even find them in Stock,? Somewhere.? I am not a fan of Detachable Magazines in a Rifle.? I love the old style Internal loading ones.?These Plastic one are Crappy.?

Team Savage
    Extra Axis and plastic bottom DBM clips are hard to find. Simply go to the www.Savagearms.com website - Store tab - Partsfinder tab and enter your rifle serial number. That will pull up a schematic of your rifle. Click on the replacement part you need and order it online direct from Savage Arms. The plastic magazine bottom caps are almost always available. Squeeze the sides of the metal magazine box and the bottom cap can removed for replacement.