Thread: Trigger locked/bound, on target action RBLP 6BR when rear most action screw tightened

VTmtn.man

Trigger locked/bound, on target action RBLP 6BR when rear most action screw tightened

I am seeking advice on issues involving the rearmost (small) action screw that is behind the trigger guard. I am assuming that this is supposed to thread into the bottom/rear of the trigger mechanism right behind the actual trigger blade. Any kind of tightening completely precludes trigger movement. Consistent with this when the rear most screw is started (behind the trigger guard) tightening the 1/4 28 screw right in front of the trigger guard necessarily puts more pressure on the small rear screw as it is tightened (squeezing the front of the trigger guard / expanding the rear) thereby locking out the trigger by putting more pressure on that small, rear screw.

I guess it would be helpful to know if it is really necessary for the rear most (small) screw to actually be threaded into the trigger mechanism. I could do some stock/Devcon work and make it so that it just screws into the stock, thereby eliminating the issue.????

Components

Savage target action in RBLP 6BR
    Shillen barrel
    Wood stock that I have shaped and bedded (plenty of clearance for action and trigger mechanism)

Thanks for helping me with this action screw issue / trigger

Basic Member
    The rear screw is a wood screw that only only engages the stock. I don't know where you got this notion that it screws into the trigger mechanism.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.