Thread: Savage 110E bolt head/firing pin help

Basic Member

Savage 110E bolt head/firing pin help

Does anyone know where to find the correct bolt head and firing pin for a 110E in 30-06? I ordered a firing pin and spring from numerich and it's too long. I also ordered a bolt head from midwayusa and it's also different. The firing pin won't even go through the shank of the bolt head.

Basic Member
    They changed the firing pin diameter around '99 so you may have an early firing pin& a later bolt head.
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

dbsavage
    Try Savage's part finder: https://store.savagearms.com/partfinder/
    Enter your serial number and it should pull all the parts for your rifle. They also list the part number. That way, if you don't want to order it from Savage, you can cross-reference that with Midway. I just got off the phone with Savage yesterday about ordering a bolt body. It does list firing pins (and bolt bodies) as restricted to gunsmiths only, but if you call them, they can email you a Restricted Parts Waiver. That being said, in talking with them yesterday, they will only ship bolt heads to gunsmiths due to liability reasons surrounding setting proper headspace, which makes sense.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by dbsavage View Post
    Try Savage's part finder: https://store.savagearms.com/partfinder/
    Enter your serial number and it should pull all the parts for your rifle. They also list the part number. That way, if you don't want to order it from Savage, you can cross-reference that with Midway. I just got off the phone with Savage yesterday about ordering a bolt body. It does list firing pins (and bolt bodies) as restricted to gunsmiths only, but if you call them, they can email you a Restricted Parts Waiver. That being said, in talking with them yesterday, they will only ship bolt heads to gunsmiths due to liability reasons surrounding setting proper headspace, which makes sense.
    Good luck!
    110E's are to old for the parts finder, they were made before Nov. 1995.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Numrich might have what you are looking for.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufac...iesJ-33678.htm

Basic Member
    It's an '80's 110E. I got the new firing pin and spring from numerich and they're totally different than the original parts. I got the bolt head from midway. It's also very different.