Thread: optics

Basic Member

optics

I'm starting to look around at new optics for a 6.5 creedmoor. Does anyone know anything about Shepard optics. I'm also looking for imput about other brands. my budget is about 1200.00

Probably nothing helpful. A good friend passed away a couple years ago now, he was very big into them.
    The one that I shot a few times was clear enough, but couldn't tell you what FP or anything about them.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Basic Member
    thank you darker it not easy to find any info about them

I got an athlon argos btr ffp the other day to play with on a 243, so far I am pretty impressed with the glass for the price. The only downfalls I have so far are the mushy turrets and it looks like a primary arms or bsa scope... I am comparing it to a sightron siii ffp.
    Mine was $369 shipped, it may be worth a look for you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    One of the biggest gun shows in Texas is held right here in town, so I took a visiting relative (who lives in one of the gun deprived states) for a look-see. I found a small company that mfgs optics and had a good talk with the owner. Here's the website: http://www.exploreoptics.com/docs/customscopes.pdf

These are STURDY, military grade scopes IMOP. They have available lockable tactical turrets, easily resettable, with illuminated reticles that have two colors, red and green. The optics are made in Japan, the owner of the company was a VP for Fuji for his career and had a lot to do with development of optics. Claims only best of the best coating and optics (no lead in the glass that can soften it) are used. I looked through several but, you know, inside even a huge building its nothing like looking at a target at 300 yds.

I custom ordered one in 10-40 X 50 mm with 30 mm tube, lockable tactical turrets in 1/8 moa, two color illuminated reticle of my choice. It'll take 3 months to make. He does have them assembled in China, but I can say first hand that the look and feel of the scope is equal to or better than most of scopes I've handled, including NF. The proof is in the optics and tracking of course. Warranty is lifetime, like all the rest.

Prices are nothing like top of the line scopes. I got mine at a significant "gun show" discount and will cost less than my Viper HS 6-24 X 50, which I got on sale for a ridiculously low price at Cabelas.

Once i have it mounted, I'll post a review and try to include a tracking test.

Since they don't say, I assume they are like everyone else, and that makes them SFP. 1/4, or 1/8 moa clicks, with a Mil-dot option in SFP....

Miss-matched is a deal breaker for me, but will be interested to hear what you think of it Tx.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Basic Member
    the shepherds have 2 reticules 1 ffp and 1 sfp and they both move independently from each other. I also sent them an email for more info so ill see what happens

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkTC View Post
    thank you darker it not easy to find any info about them
    That's called a clue.

Basic Member
    thanks for all the imput guys