Thread: 10T vs 10 FCP-SR at the same price?

jdodd

10T vs 10 FCP-SR at the same price?

I have the chance to buy either a 10T (w/ accutstock) or 10 FCP-SR (2015 / 24", Very Recent Production) both brand new at the same price. After taxes or transfer etc. It would be $530 for either one.

Should I be able to expect the same accuracy out of the FCP-SR that I would out of a 10T? If so it seems like the clear choice?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

-J

Basic Member
    IDK, but Cabelas has the 10t on sale right now for $529 or so.

greyghost
    Well I have the 10FCP-SR in 308 and I love it It shoots clover leafs all the time, Have never shot the other rifle so cant say, How ever WATCH Cabelas they get special orders and are NOT the same as regular rifles, At one time they were selling a different rifle than the 10FCP-SR, People were buying it only to find it was not in a accu stock, Big difference than a accu stock and accu trigger model 10 FCP-SR, Not that cabelas was trying to pull anything over, But most missed this before they got the rifle home, But it was stated in fine print no accu stock,, This is how cabelas sells guns so cheap, They are special order kinda like wall-mart guns, Just make sure that what you want is what you bought,

Basic Member
    The Cabelas 10T is their exclusive product.

I don't know how they get them so cheap and sell them so cheap, but they are what they are. No one else has them.

jdodd
    Well I just pulled the trigger on the 10T tonight. Went and checked one over and felt like a good fit. Accustock and accutrigger verified.

It was on sale for 529.99 and I had a $20 coupon along with a $25 rebate because I bought a new savage rifle and 50 bucks in Federal Ammo (168 and 175 FGGM). So I got the rifle for 484.99 + Tax. Not to shabby if you ask me.

Scope and Bipod will arrive wednesday so ill try to get out saturday to sight in and start accuracy testing.

-J

scuzzy
    Quote Originally Posted by jdodd View Post
    Well I just pulled the trigger on the 10T tonight. Went and checked one over and felt like a good fit. Accustock and accutrigger verified.

It was on sale for 529.99 and I had a $20 coupon along with a $25 rebate because I bought a new savage rifle and 50 bucks in Federal Ammo (168 and 175 FGGM). So I got the rifle for 484.99 + Tax. Not to shabby if you ask me.

Scope and Bipod will arrive wednesday so ill try to get out saturday to sight in and start accuracy testing.

-J
    they are a steal for the price. i got mine when the 308 model was on sale in the spring for the same price. for the features, it can't be beat.

I bought the 10t 1/10 twist at Cabela's, $529. Bought the Vortex Viper 4x16x40 on sale for $299 while I was there. I really like it so far after just a half dozen shots at 25yds to be sure I'm on paper. I'll go to 100 this weekend and see how it does.

Team Savage
    If the FCP has accustock and trigger, it's hard not to go that way. I've got the 10T and the only thing I would change is to have a 10 round mag. Also, I don't possess a suppressor but that's another reason to lean at the FCP, as I think they have a threaded muzzle.